Candlelight Motel
Governor's Rock Motel(Shaftsbury)(Great Value!)
US$82
Wilburton Inn(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$131
Great 4.5/5
The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$190
Very Good 4/5
The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$219
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Kimpton Taconic Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$149
Great 4.5/5
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$129
Excellent 5/5
Palmer House(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$120
Great 4.5/5
Aspen at Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$98
Casablanca Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$120
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsplace to staystayed herefridgecouchdesk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I stayed at this motel for only one night. I will never stay there again. The room was very musty, old, and smell nasty. The bed was very uncomfortable. There was mold growing on the grout in the bathroom. The shower head did not work properly. Very dated room. Furniture was old. However, the room did look clean. Just very old and tired. No coffee pot or coffee in room. No iron & ironing board in room. Not enough room in bathroom to set your things out. Opened the window to get some air and it was loaded with black mold, old dead leaves, and old dead bugs. I kept wondering why I was cold that night. The 2 windows were open at the front of the room & they were stuck open. The window drapes didn't close all the way. We went and bought a can of Febreeze to freshen the room and that didn't even work. I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Candlelight Motel in Arlington, VT.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank rlmac5257
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Our family booked almost all the rooms at the Candlelight for a wedding. The owners were exceptionally helpful, gracious and accommodating to all of their guests. They opened up their lounge to our whole family for two nights in a row. They were unbelievably friendly, kind, and most hospitable to our very large party - making us all feel welcome and at home. The owners (and even their teenage children) bent over backwards, and went way beyond the call of duty to ensure that we all had a pleasant memorable reunion. The rooms and beds were clean and, comfortable. Each room came with a midsize fridge, AC/fans & screened windows and doors. We were all able to socialize outside of the rooms under the covered porch at night and everyone had a wonderful time. Those that used the pool loved the water and were very refreshed. The motel was meticulously landscaped and the area was absolutely beautiful, with mountain views behind the motel. For the price and the friendliness and the relaxed, homey feel of the Candlelight this is definitely a perfect choice for a family type of event or gathering. Thank you to the owners for providing us with a place to make wonderful family memories! You were terrific and we so appreciate all you did for us!
The Candlelight is centrally located, right on historic Route 7A and close to both Manchester Center & Bennington VT. It's also right next door to the Sugar Shack/Norman Rockwell Exhibition - a maple sugar/VT gift shop with a wonderful exhibition of Norman Rockwell's works and his history. (Definitely worth the FREE admission!) And behind the Sugar Shack is the most wonderful restaurant, "Jonathon's Table" ( www.jonathonstable.com ) where we all had a pre-wedding family dinner and enjoyed ourselves, the service and the food immensely.
Thanks Candlelight Motel, Jonathon’s Table, The Sugar Shack and VT for your hospitality, beauty and welcoming accommodations.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank InMyOwnWords2011
Reviewed 16 October 2010

We had planned to stay at this hotel after attending a wedding. The morning of our reservation, we received the sad news that a member of our family had died. I called the motel at 9:15 a.m. that morning and left the message we would not be staying the night. When I received the charge on my credit card, I called the motel. The receptionist stated that I could be lying to her and so I was charged. I wrote to the owner regarding this unkind practice and received no reply. Friends of ours who had reservations there, told us at the wedding (we returned home that night) that we were lucky we were going home. They said the place was such a dump they were considering going and getting their things after the wedding and heading home - a two hour drive. And they had paid for the night. It was that bad. There are better places to stay in the area. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BRAND_10
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Times change, I don't know what it was like in 2006 but I spent here two days and found it an excellent, quiet place, beautifully located, spacious room, spotless clean. Slept like a log in a comfortable bed. Staff was just normal and polite, the English not always clear but I got what I wanted (= the lowest price as shown in the AAA tourbook, which is really great value for your money). I'm a seasoned budget traveller of the US, and know of many not-so-good motels runned by people from India but this place is the proverbial exception. Check it out!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2010

I don't understand the negative reviews the candle light got. My wife and I stayed there with our two large dogs for a ski weekend. We found our room to be very clean, the bed comfortable and the owners (who are not middle eastern by the way, if that matters to anyone) to be friendly and eager to please. Not only did they NOT require us to crate our dogs, they even let us stay past the check out time so we could get in an extra day of skiing for a very modest fee. I would recommend this inn to anyone, especially dog owners who like to travel with their pets.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple