Candlelight Motel
Governor's Rock Motel(Shaftsbury)(Great Value!)
US$82
Wilburton Inn(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$131
Travelocity
The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$186
Hotels.com
The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$219
Hotwire.com
Kimpton Taconic Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$140
Hotels.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$131
Hampton.com
Palmer House(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$120
Aspen at Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$98
Casablanca Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$120
All reviewsplace to staystayed herefridgecouchdesk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2008

We had reservations for two nights. On the way to the hotel, our car caught fire and was totalled. When I called to cancel the reservation, the person I talked to said it "wasn't his fault" and that they'd have to charge us for the night. I explained again and he said "these are tough times" . He was possibly going to be out $79, I was out a car. Bad attitude, bad business, don't stay there.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheBaldMan
Reviewed 20 July 2008

We were booked to stay at the Candlelight Inn for the nights of July 19 and 20, 2008. We were on our way to the hotel when we had serious car trouble (the car actually caught on fire!). Needless to say, we could not get to the hotel for our weekend. We called to cancel the reservation and were told we would be charged for one night, since we did not cancel 24 hours in advance. I understand cancellation policies in most cases, but this was an emergency situation and it was not like we just decided not to go or found a better rate somewhere else. I consider this to be very poor customer service. We will most likely be going to the same area of VT next summer, but we will absolutely not stay at the Candlelight Motel.

Stayed: July 2008
3  Thank ChiliLady
Reviewed 1 October 2006

We stayed here last year during the foliage-the people who run it are very, very nice-not rude in anyway! This year when we returned, we had a medical emergency and although we were booked for 2 nights, we were only charged for 1 night! The owners did everything they could to help us so that we could return home! The place is very clean! We will return next year!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 4 August 2006

We stayed at this motel for one night. The reason we chose it – it was close to the Arlington Recreation park where we attended a family reunion.
The main reception area did not appear to me very clean. And since our room was not ready (we did arrive a little bit early around 11:30 a.m.), we asked to use a bathroom in the reception – and it was one of the dirtiest bathrooms we have used. It kind of scared us about the room.
But the room was ok and it was pretty clean. The shower water pressure did not work well, and it was very hard to get the comfortable temperature of the water. The motel had a pool, which we did not have a chance to use. You also have to pay an extra for an additional towel.
The good part – it was very peaceful. There was no noise at all. We slept very well.
We don’t think we would stay at this motel again. There were so many beautiful bed & breakfast places and small inns, that we would rather stay there. We were limited this time with the choice since we only stayed for one night in this area, and most of the inns and bed & breakfast places have a minimum of 2 nights stay.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank TravellerVA
Reviewed 20 May 2006

In May 2006, I stayed at the Candlelight Motel in Arlington, VT (near Manchester) because I was attending a wedding in Manchester. The MIddle Eastern owners of this motel are by far the RUDEST that I have ever encountered! The cell phone reception in the area is very poor and this motel does not allow you to use their phones unless you have a calling card. I couldn't use my credit card or make a collect call home.

The front desk closes at 10 PM and the owners do not accept incoming calls from 10:00 PM to 7:30 AM. My family attempted all night to find and notify me of a grave family emergency, and even told the owners of the situation (by calling the toll free reservations line which is answered at the owner's home overnight). Even though the owners live at the motel and were made aware of the emergency, and were aware of my every move at theirr motel (this a small motel and there are only 17 rooms), they refused to ring my room or attempt to make me aware that my family was trying to reach me.

The rude owner SCREAMED at me when I complained and told me to "get out" if I didn't like their phone policy. The rooms are dirty and smelly and the bed was hard and uncomfortable. There are other little motels in the area and I would highly recommend staying anywhere other than this dump. Vermont is a very friendly state, however the owners of this motel reflect very poorly on the area. The owners need a serious lesson in Customer Service skills and how to accomodate their guests. I honestly have never been treated as rudely as I was at this motel. Stay anywhere but here!!

11  Thank lam2002