“RUDEST staff ever at The Candlelight Motel in Arlington, Vermont”
Review of Candlelight Motel

Candlelight Motel
Candlelight Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arlington
Florida
“RUDEST staff ever at The Candlelight Motel in Arlington, Vermont”
Reviewed 20 May 2006

In May 2006, I stayed at the Candlelight Motel in Arlington, VT (near Manchester) because I was attending a wedding in Manchester. The MIddle Eastern owners of this motel are by far the RUDEST that I have ever encountered! The cell phone reception in the area is very poor and this motel does not allow you to use their phones unless you have a calling card. I couldn't use my credit card or make a collect call home.

The front desk closes at 10 PM and the owners do not accept incoming calls from 10:00 PM to 7:30 AM. My family attempted all night to find and notify me of a grave family emergency, and even told the owners of the situation (by calling the toll free reservations line which is answered at the owner's home overnight). Even though the owners live at the motel and were made aware of the emergency, and were aware of my every move at theirr motel (this a small motel and there are only 17 rooms), they refused to ring my room or attempt to make me aware that my family was trying to reach me.

The rude owner SCREAMED at me when I complained and told me to "get out" if I didn't like their phone policy. The rooms are dirty and smelly and the bed was hard and uncomfortable. There are other little motels in the area and I would highly recommend staying anywhere other than this dump. Vermont is a very friendly state, however the owners of this motel reflect very poorly on the area. The owners need a serious lesson in Customer Service skills and how to accomodate their guests. I honestly have never been treated as rudely as I was at this motel. Stay anywhere but here!!

11 Thank lam2002

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Manchester View
The Ira Allen House Bed and Breakfast
Arlington Inn
Arlington Inn
#5 of 8 in Arlington

Been to Candlelight Motel? Share your experiences!