We visited during a quiet time at the inn, which meant easy and very prompt service in the restaurant. It has beautiful common rooms, which when we were there were unoccupied, and a fair assortment of rooms and suites, which we wandered through since they were untenanted. Our room had a fantastic view of the Green Mountains, and we could see them in sun, rain and fog -- a complete spectrum, and each view was gorgeous. Arlington is quite something -- every other house seems to be an inn or b&b -- presumably the owners patronize one another. This is definitely Bob Newhart country. We appreciated the inn putting a standard service charge on -- meaning no tips, no inner struggle over what to leave, no surprises on checkout. Food was very good, and perhaps just a tad too plentiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors to the West Mountain Inn are surrounded by spacious, antique-filled guest rooms, fantastic views, and 150 acres of gardens, lawns, and woodlands. Guests can explore miles of trails, visit alpacas, walk our labyrinth, flyfish or canoe the Battenkill River and relax in the Adirondack chairs on the front lawn. The Inn’s wood-paneled dining room provides the perfect setting for the lavish breakfasts and sumptuous 5-course dinners created daily by our award-winning chef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your West Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Mountain Hotel Arlington
- West Mountain Inn Arlington, Vermont - Green Mountains