What could possibly be better than spending time at the West Mountain Inn? Staying there for a fraction of the usual cost, that's what! We recently booked another trip to this amazing B&B during their November mid-week promotion and spent a wonderful 2 night stay in the Rockwell Kent suite. While we definitely appreciated the spaciousness of this room and the inviting king size bed, the primary reason we requested it was for the real wood burning fireplace. Relaxing in front of the toasty fire each evening with a good bottle of wine was the best way to wrap up our days. Although the Rockwell Kent suite has some antique furnishings which are certainly pretty to look at and which contribute to the overall pleasing impression of the suite, these "romantic" pieces do not receive high marks in the creature comfort category. I was very pleased to find that a couple of user friendly arm chairs had been placed in this room in addition to the vintage pieces. The bathroom has been totally upgraded - we loved the new dual shower and tiled floor!
Being able to have dinner on the premises is an added perk as there are not many dining options in the immediate vicinity of the inn. Our dinner was delicious and beautifully presented. We were seated at a cozy fireside table which further enhanced our dining experience. Breakfast each morning was plentiful with many selections available. Each morning we were enthusiastically greeted by Mary Beth when we arrived in the dining room. This lady is so incredibly gracious and made certain that our day started off in the best possible fashion. She knew our first names and used them which just added to that overall "at home" feeling that is so prevalent at West Mountain Inn. West Mountain is a truly remarkable place in Vermont where it is entirely possible to simply enjoy being who you are, enjoy being where you are, and enjoy being with that special person in your life. We have been lamenting the fact that our visit was far too short and we are looking forward to our next visit to this magical spot. While the purpose of our trip was just to be able to spend some time away from the stress and demands of our daily routines, we managed a visit to Hildene and highly recommend it as a "must see" when in the Arlington/Manchester area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors to the West Mountain Inn are surrounded by spacious, antique-filled guest rooms, fantastic views, and 150 acres of gardens, lawns, and woodlands. Guests can explore miles of trails, visit alpacas, walk our labyrinth, flyfish or canoe the Battenkill River and relax in the Adirondack chairs on the front lawn. The Inn’s wood-paneled dining room provides the perfect setting for the lavish breakfasts and sumptuous 5-course dinners created daily by our award-winning chef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Cancelon so you can book your West Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Mountain Hotel Arlington
- West Mountain Inn Arlington, Vermont - Green Mountains