My wife and I of 40+ years have stayed at the West Mountain Inn for at least 10 years staying 3 or 4 times some years. As retired teachers, we are frugal. The Inn offers so much value for a very fair price that is always our choice when we want an elegant stay to get away from it all for two or three nights. The Inn is only about a 2 hour drive so it is convenient to get there.
I was reading the Trip Advisor reports I have written over the last 10 years and did not find one for the West Mountain Inn. How could I have neglected my duty? I think it might be that we are always so pleased; we assume everyone already knows about this Inn.
Our impressions: Always Outstanding;
Staff- friendly, professional, knowledgeable, helpful. This includes the reception and dining room personnel, as well as the cleaning staff.
Food- delicious, nutritious, and filling breakfasts with an option of chocolate chip pancakes with ice cream for a finisher, 5 course. Five Star dinner with excellent options from a quality chef using locally sourced ingredients. There is always coffee and tea available with homemade chocolate chip cookies in a jar by the dining room.
Romance- an inviting presence on a hilltop overlooking the valley below with candlelight in every window, lovely dining room with candlelight and a wood burning fireplace, common areas with comfortable seating and a wood burning fireplace in one room, little nooks to be alone with your partner, enticing rooms for different wants that are shown on their website.
Grounds- well maintained, walking trails, alpacas, flowers, sitting areas.
Aimee- the innkeeper who has maintained the “spirit” of this lovely Inn.
A Feeling- We always leave with a happier heart, having relaxed at a friend’s very large home, planning our next visit as we drive away.
So- what are you waiting for? Get up (or down) to this outstanding Select Registry property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors to the West Mountain Inn are surrounded by spacious, antique-filled guest rooms, fantastic views, and 150 acres of gardens, lawns, and woodlands. Guests can explore miles of trails, visit alpacas, walk our labyrinth, flyfish or canoe the Battenkill River and relax in the Adirondack chairs on the front lawn. The Inn’s wood-paneled dining room provides the perfect setting for the lavish breakfasts and sumptuous 5-course dinners created daily by our award-winning chef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your West Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Mountain Hotel Arlington
- West Mountain Inn Arlington, Vermont - Green Mountains