The Inn is a lovely collection of distinctive rooms, each well decorated with true character, not fussy preciousness. We stayed in the Robert Todd Lincoln room, but had a chance to peek into all the others. Our room had a fairly large set of windows which added appeal and offered a good view of the distant mountains.
We stayed midweek and pretty much had the run of the place in the off-season. We sat in the nice library with a great view into the gardens and I read aloud to my husband since no one else was about.
I can see why the Inn is ideal for weddings. We visited in early spring and the gardens were just being awakened, but I expect the setting is wonderful when all is in bloom. The main signs of life during our stay were the four alpacas who were fun to visit in their nearby barn.
Sadly, the kitchen was closed for dinner but we were served a very fine breakfast.
The Inn is very well maintained, and the building itself a gem worth preserving. Do your part to keep it flourishing with a visit! You'll be thanked with an African violet to take home, a very nice touch. If you are accustomed to lavish bath products and high-thread count sheets, I have to let you know that there are no little take-home bottles, just bulk pumps of soap and shampoo. The towels and sheets are mediocre, and the bathrooms are pretty simple affairs with vinyl flooring, not tile. There's some good rustic wood panelling to give the bathroom more character, and there's a high standard of cleanliness throughout the Inn.
The staff was pleasant and cheerful, and we felt welcome without being smothered with hospitality. We enjoyed our visit and everything about the Inn, indoors and out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors to the West Mountain Inn are surrounded by spacious, antique-filled guest rooms, fantastic views, and 150 acres of gardens, lawns, and woodlands. Guests can explore miles of trails, visit alpacas, walk our labyrinth, flyfish or canoe the Battenkill River and relax in the Adirondack chairs on the front lawn. The Inn’s wood-paneled dining room provides the perfect setting for the lavish breakfasts and sumptuous 5-course dinners created daily by our award-winning chef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your West Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Mountain Hotel Arlington
- West Mountain Inn Arlington, Vermont - Green Mountains