“tired”

and 1 more site!
Yankee Village Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ascutney
Reviewed 21 October 2012

This is one of many motor lodges you see when driving around New England. We stayed in a few and were very happy. This is not one of them. It is very tired and rundown. We skipped the shower after seeing it's condition. Bed was okay. When checking in, I saw the table with the coffee maker used for the continental breakfast, we didn't stop to try it the next morning.

Until they spend some money and time on this place, I would stay elsewhere. If you are stuck, just sleep and run.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank D H
There are newer reviews for Yankee Village Motel

Reviewed 8 October 2012

When it comes to motels my partner and I are not picky. All we require is somewhere clean to rest our heads. Clean is not a word I would use to describe the Yankee Village Motel. The motel was downright filthy. We were given the "suite" which included a living room with a couch and tv. The couch looked as though it had been pick up off the side of the road. It was stained everywhere and was utterly unusable. The entire place smelled of cigarette smoke so badly that we slept with the window open all night (in October!). For 100$ a night we expected better. Furthermore the pictures on the website were nothing like the room we received. At the end of the day we avoided coming back to our room because it was so unpleasant. Luckily we managed to find a movie theater in New Hampshire that kept us busy late into the night. Great location but poor quality! Our advice would be to drive a little bit North and stay in White River Junction, go camping, or splurge for a B and B. Just avoid the Yankee Village.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Not worth $90. A night! Our friend's room smelled like mold & it took them TWENTY minutes to get hot water. The Continental breakfast is fruit loops in a dusty dispenser in the lobby - the lobby is about as big as a motel bathroom; no chairs or table AND they piled dirty linens in the ice bin outside, so if you wanted ice you had to struggle with the language barrier AGAIN at the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Hemigirl1
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed at the Yankee Village motel about 4 years ago. It was rough but they were in the process of renovating. Well, we decided to give it one more chance since they were renovating 4 years ago. Well it seemed like they didn't renovate a thing. The rooms were musty, the paint was different colors on the wall, the toilet seat fell off when I sat on it, not very clean and the shower curtain was stained on the bottom. Not much room in the shower stall either. When we checked in the lady at the desk couldn't even speak english. I had to talk to someone on a cell phone who spoke english.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ginnyanddave
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I wasn't planning on staying in ascutney but due to the damage caused by hurricane Irene everywhere in Quechee, Lebanon and the surrounding area that I tried was completely fully booked with workmen so I had no choice but to head south. This motel was the only place I found open at 9.30pm. It's a budget motel so expect just that, it's not bad, it's not 5*, it's average and just what I would expect from a budget motel at $59. There was a fridge & microwave in room. The bathroom had just a shower cubicle no bath which was fine by me. Hot water took a while to get to room but it does say that in the reception. The pressure isn't great but I've found that at more expensive hotels. Bed was big and very comfy. I never heard anyone next to me despite other cars parked out front. There is a basic complimentary breakfast, cereal, bagel, muffin, coffee. Nowhere to sit except your room but not an issue to me. If I was in area again I would stay there.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank Carkedit
Reviewed 9 May 2011

We just needed a place for the night, nothing fancy. We got an older motel that was being redone but while people were staying in the rooms. The rooms still had the outdated bath fixtures (the toilet seat fell off just as I was sitting down) Hot water takes a LONG time to get to the rooms. Other guests were a little noisy and I couldn't get the A/C or vent to run (for the white noise), glad we didnt really need it The carpet looked dirty along the baseboards and under the other furniture. The new work looked a mess and not really well done. Had free coffee and pastries in the office but I never saw any staff, day or night, after we checked in but I did notice a big pile of dog poo by the office door. On trips like this one we look for bargins, not frills. We sure didn't get any frills and at approx. $70 a night we didn't get any bargain either.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rgrhrtwl
Reviewed 24 September 2010

This hotel has a good location and was cheaply priced but the room was terrible the room appeared to be under construction it was like a child rented a bob villa book from a library and tried to do it themselves The shower was horrible I think I urinate hotter and with more pressure than the shower the ac did not work and the person in the next room had a dog that barked all night the only good thing was that there were no bugs but I don't blame them if I was a bug I wouldn't live there either

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank Travelers247
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ascutney
Holiday Inn Express Springfield
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort
Snapdragon Inn
Snapdragon Inn
#1 of 4 in Windsor

Been to Yankee Village Motel? Share your experiences!