“Was not as bad as all the other reviews say!”

Yankee Village Motel
Yankee Village Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ascutney
MA
“Was not as bad as all the other reviews say!”
Reviewed 12 October 2008

Was not a bad hotel. Older but clean and having renovations done...new windows, paint, A/C. The staff was very friendly and it was very quiet. The hotel was booked, also, the weekend we were there...obviously not that bad.

Stayed October 2008
1 Thank jm0n

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cleveland,Ohio
Reviewed 27 March 2008

This place isn't fit for man or beast. This was the most disgusting motel I have ever stayed at. There were exposed wires, scum, and just horrid conditions. I got back home to Ohio and called demanding a refund,but that was out of the question. I went as far as to call the Vermont Dept. of Health to complain. Vermont is dependent on tourist dollars and they don't need places like this to send those dollars across the N.H. state line which is only a few miles by car. Ascutney is a beautiful New England town, but with lodging like this, people will go elsewhere.
Thanks for you time
Stewart Sandstrom
Cleveland,Ohio

• Liked — When I left
  • Disliked — When I opened the door to the room from hell
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank personality6

Travellers are raving about these Ascutney hotels

Central Vermont
Reviewed 11 March 2008

This place is such a rip off!!!!! Be extremely cautious when booking and NEVER use a business card to secure your room! They seem to pick a cancellation policy that works for them so they can arbitrarily charge you in the event you need to cancel. Don't even bother - there are more honest places to stay!

• Disliked — Owned by RUDE foreigners!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 February 2008

This place is a rip-off. They charge one rate for smokers and a higher rate for non-smokers. Their explanation is that non-smokers are in the new rooms and the smokers are delegated to the old. You cannot use the online coupon for 15% off a one night stay if you make a reservation. This is not stated anywhere on the website or the coupon. This discount is only for walkins.

The reservation was never confirmed even though the website states to wait for it. We never ended up staying at the motel because I was injured while skiing and need to head straight home. We had stopped at the motel to let them know that we would not be staying out of consideration and to use our coupon. This was when we found that it was invalid.

We ski quite a bit in that area but I will never ever consider staying there.

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank Memae
vt
Reviewed 24 October 2007

we stayed there more then three times as we call &booked a room.but every time if we asked for anything they always ready
for give extra .we had wonderfull night .a room was clean and everything look new because they r under remolding.u can get sleep without noise.they have a nice goodybag for guest in a room.nice wall colour.i recomadate motel for stay......

• Liked — great frendly people
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
Connecticut
Reviewed 12 February 2007

Simply put the Yankee Motel was disgusting.

My husband and I walked into a smoking room and it smelled like it had never been aired out EVER! We almost couldn't get past the nasty stench (and I am a smoker). If it had not been so late we were going to go to the local gas station and get a car air freshner to mask the smell. Our only source of heat was a square electric heater sitting on top of a table. (From reading other people's reviews - I shall consider my self lucky that I did not have to call up to the front to request heat!) There was rust on the mattresses from the springs, burns in all the bedding. The bottom sheet was clean enough to lay on but I used our winter coats and ski jackets as blankets because the rest of the bedding was foul. Towels - none, which was okay because there was NO WAY we were going to use their NASTY shower. The smoke dectector was in a draw with no batteries. You could see car lights beeming underneath the door - the gap was probably 1 to 1.5". There were exposed pipes and wires everywhere. As my husband says it was a "rat trap". I can not believe that they have not been shut down. I am sure they have more than one voliation going on in that place.

I wish I had looked at TripAdvisor before I booked this nightmare.

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Too many to talk about!
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank katz0911
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 December 2005

My God this place has RATS and cockroaches!Dont bring your small pet or children here.And the best part is it's nasty and gross and over priced and the people are rude! And they control the heat in there nice warm house while we froze.I talked to others here spending the night and they all said the same things.This place needs to be closed down!
Ascutney is beautiful though and friendly.

• Stayed December 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ascutney
Holiday Inn Express Springfield
#1 of 2 in Springfield
Snapdragon Inn
Snapdragon Inn
#1 of 4 in Windsor

Been to Yankee Village Motel? Share your experiences!