We arrived at Wednesday night and were accused by the foul odor of a redneck's cigar, which he was proudly smoking on the veranda, just feet from the entrance. When I suggested he indulge in his habit elsewhere his response was something I will not repeat, but he and his equally low rent companions were apparently comfortable spewing two kinds of filth in front of my 6 year old. If the state of Virginia is not enlightened enough to prohibit smoking within 25 feet of the entrances to places of public accommodation (like the entire West Coast) the owners would do well to consider the comfort of ALL their guests and prohibit it. Naturally there was no one at the front desk to speak with about this.
Our room was cramped and overstuffed. The two beds were advertised as "doubles" but were no larger than a full. There were four lamps in the room, one of which did not work and all of which had bulbs so dim that I required my iPhone flashlight to read by. We needed to unplug them all anyway to plug in our phones as there were not enough outlets to accommodate modern travelers. The bathroom lacked a tub and was small and poorly lit. There is NO counter space in the bathroom and very little space in the bedroom to unpack. The property and interior of the Inn are lovely and well maintained, but for the price, modern conveniences, space to unpack and the absence of smoking should be a given.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- History and legends abound at this historic hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Martha Washington Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Martha Washington Hotel Abingdon
- Martha Washington Hotel
- Martha Washington Inn Abingdon Va
- The Martha Washington Inn