Our visit to the Martha Washington Inn was a spur of the moment thing and we were not disappointed by our decision. The place is living history, combined with modern and up-dated luxuries. Our room was (Deluxe King) spacious, clean and quiet…the bathroom showers are to die for. The Inn’s grounds are impeccably kept up and clean. The fitness center, swimming pool and outdoor whirlpool are all topnotch and extremely clean. The facility is also located just off the Virginia Creeper trail and is a must see for hikers. At the Martha Washington Inn you get what you pay for in terms of overall high quality Inn-keeping. The staffs at both the restaurant and Inn were friendly and efficient.
We did take advantage of the Inclusive breakfast menu and it was very good. We also decided to have our evening dinner at the Inn’s restaurant…the meal good, but a little too pricey for the portions and overall quality. For that kind of money I would have expected more of a “wow” feeling about my meal… but all in all the restaurant’s old-time decor and atmosphere were worth the visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- History and legends abound at this historic hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Martha Washington Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Martha Washington Hotel Abingdon
- Martha Washington Hotel
- Martha Washington Inn Abingdon Va
- The Martha Washington Inn