“Much better service”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stopped going to this motel due to poor service but that has changed. We decided to give this motel another chance and we were glad we did. From the minute we arrived until we departed we received nothing but excellent service. The motel room was clean and refurbished and the beds were very comfortable. We will come again when we visit family in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 March 2012

I used to stay at this hotel on occasion for business. It's not a bad place, just a typical Comfort Inn. The hotel is very close to I-81, a little highway noise at times but not too bad. The breakfast is okay, but nothing out of the ordinary or spectacular. The staff was friendly, clean rooms, but a little dated. I haven't stayed there since the remodel, but others have told me it's nice. The room rates seemed a little high for the location. I would stay here again, but probably not my first choice. I'm eager to see the new renovations someday.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2011

What a pleasure it was to stay at this Comfort Inn. Breakfast excellent and every one
makes you feel welcome. I was a Travel Agent and traveled a lot and stayed in many
hotels but this one is the cleanest and friendliest. Loved the room design - hotel in a
convenient location -Right off I/81. Hotel recently renovated. Being from the Boston area it was such a pleasure to visit a small town with a theatre (Barter Theatre) as great as this one. Everyone must make time for a 2 ngt/3 day mini-vacation - Perfect combination - Comfort Inn - Abingdon, Va.

Room Tip: Very knowledgable staff that will help you choose a local restaurant and make your visit a very pl...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel with my family and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel must have recently underwent a renovation because it didn't fit the description I've read in other reviews. The check-in was simple and by a courteous staff member, and breakfast included all the necessary things to start your day with (and it's complimentary). I would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Convenient to Exit 14 off I-81. Near Heartwood and other local attractions.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2011

My wife and I spent two nights here. The check-in was smooth and we were given a choice of a first floor or second floor room. Overall the hotel was in good looking condtion with newer (but wild looking) carpet and furnishings. The location is convenient to many of the offerings of the Abdington, especially the Virginia Creeper Trail.
What I didn't like:
Breakfast was just so, so. I've stayed a many places that offer breakfast and I would rate this one as poor. There weren't many things to choose from and not much room to sit. I also cannot understand why, on weekends, it ends at 9 am.
Unlike another reviewer, I found the beds to be hard and uncomfortable.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2011

The service was good. Rooms are very clean and not smelly! Breakfast wastnt that great, it doesn't have fried eggs, but it had tasty pancakes, boiled eggs, some fruits, coffee. We paid $85 on Thursday. I guess for this money we've got good hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I really like the recent redo of the motel. The beds are especially comfortable with pillow top mattresses and lots of pillows on the bed. New carpet throughout and an updated breakfast bar make this a great place to stay for less money! Nice large TV in the room with lots of channels. The bathroom is nice with updated counter tops and lights, the shower is powerful so you feel like you are getting a massage. The staff is friendly and helpful too.

Room Tip: I enjoy the second floor, but note there is no elevator - I have been told they will be putting in o...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
Quality Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Abingdon
Red Roof Inn Abingdon
#10 of 10 in Abingdon
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!