“Good Nights stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Abingdon
Lynch, Kentucky
“Good Nights stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

We stayed at Comfort Inn after seeing a play at Barter Theater. The room was very clean, and the staff friendly. The next morning we went out to find that we had left the key on in our car, and the battery was dead. Samir, and Jim were so helpful by getting jumper cables and Jim's personal car and jumping our car off. A nice stay topped off by genuine hospitality!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

This is the second time that my family has stayed at this motel in order to bike the Creeper Trail. Each time we have reserved 4-5 rooms. The cleanliness and upkeep has seriously deteriorated since the first visit,and the breakfast food was close to inedible. But the biggest complaint regards the manager's attitude. At this most recent stay, one of our party became ill the night before and tried to cancel the room reservation but was told that it was after 4:00 pm so the room could not be cancelled. I am a very frequently traveler for my work and interact on a weekly basis with hospitality staff and hotels, but I have never encountered any one as defensive, insulting, and condescending as the general manager, Richard, was when I contacted him to see if we could receive any consideration because we had occupied so many rooms. I was shocked by his attitude and statements. Despite the convenience of the motel to the Creeper Trail. Our family will NEVER stay there again. That hotel has permanently lost our business.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

We stayed at Comfort Inn in Abingdon for one night at the end of September. I was surprised as to how crowded the inn was! Very busy. Upon arrival, the front desk staff was professional enough and checked us in promptly, yet not overly friendly or courteous. In our party, we reserved two rooms. Each thankfully were on the first floor - one major flaw of this place is there's no elevator!!! However, knowing that we were travelling together, the inn didn't arrange adjoining rooms for us. What the heck!? The rooms weren't even adjacent. When we went to the front desk to inquire, they said there was nothing they could do. Coordination upon our reservation - below satisfactory. As a result, I accidentally called the wrong room the next morning in attempt to wake up the other members in our party! That never would have happened had they had just given us adjoining rooms when requested when we placed the reservation six months ago!!! The room was cleaner than expected and free of any sort of smoke smell. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom clean and well stocked. However, as other reports will tell you, there are bugs here!! In the morning, I found two beetles in the room and there are more bugs outside too. They were on the floor, but still - gross! Obviously the place isn't kept the best it can be. The hallways are interior and lit okay. During the night, the air conditioning unit in the room wouldn't stop making a loud banging sound, and there was nothing to stop it besides turning it off. Without it though, the room would have been unbearably hot. The iron in the room worked fine - but there might have been blood on the ironing board? In the morning, the breakfast service was far below my expectations. Very cheap, low quality stuff was set out. Off-brand cereal and frozen egg patties, juice from concentrate and cheap make-your-own waffle mix. The yogurt, fruit and coffee however wasn't bad. The utensils, plates, bowls, napkins and cups however couldn't possibly get any cheaper. The night before, the receptionist did recommend a place across the street besides McDonald's to eat - good plus. It's the place right next to it - well worth it! Delicious!!! Anyway, the inn is kept not as good as it could be and was rather pricey for what we got. Staying in Abingdon? Try and stay somewhere else first!

Room Tip: There's no elevator (ridiculous) so a room on the first floor is the best. Also, if you want adj...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sgb001
Norfolk, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

We were looking for an overnight stay as a stopover on a longer trip. I prefer Hampton Inns, but there was a $40+ price difference between this place and the Hampton Inn and I also prefer not to overpay. It doesn't have the corporate polish of a Hampton Inn, but it was newly renovated in the current style (though they don't seem to have replaced toilets or showers). It was very clean--including carpet--though there were some very faint water stains on the bathroom ceiling in my room. The very small staff was nice enough. Breakfast was relatively complete, but as with most such breakfasts its a paper plate and small plastic fork affair.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Palmyra, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

This Comfort Inn in the Choice Chain so the breakfast area is really spacious and beautiful offering cereal, yogurt, eggs, waffles, gravy, biscuits, fruit, coffee and juice. Coffee is available all day. The room was welcoming and clean; the bed had five small pillows rather than large pillows. It is located 2.2 miles from the Barter Theatre, and less than a half mile from the Heartland Artisan Center. And right off I-81 for easy access coming and going.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Tuscumbia, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

This hotel used to be a good place to stay. However ownership and/or management appears to have changed, and expenses on cleaning, breakfast etc have been cut to the bone. After leaving Abingdon I went to Comfort Suites at Ridgewood, Salem, VA. The rate there is about $15 less. Breakfast is wonderful. The inn is immaculate. Send one of the Salem managers to Abingdon to straighten the place out. The Abingdon Comfort Inn is absolutely the worst Comfort Inn that I have stayed in, and I have probably stayed in more than 20 different Comfort Inns. If this was my only experience with Comfort Inn, I would never stay at another Comfort Inn. I cannot say enough good about the Salem Comfort Inn or the Huntsville AL Comfort Inn managed by Kayla Patel. Kayla could also correct things (see my comments about her on Trip Advisor. Kayla did everything right when I stayed in her Inn last November when my daughter was dying)
I cannot say enough bad about the Abingdon Comfort Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
South Chesterfield, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

This hotel was recently remodeled so the rooms are clean and inviting.My only complaint was that they only have one person at the desk,and that person was unable to bring us shampoo, and soap which had been removed from our room and not replaced during the first day's cleaning. That meant we had to redress and trudged to the desk after returning from the race at 12 midnight. The clerk did apologize for this inconvenience and had the items ready ASAP.
The breakfast is hot and offers multiple choices of breads, cereals, eggs, and waffles. The location was close to the race track and the price was in line with what other hotels in the area were charging. I would definitely recommend it for your race weekend stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor near the stairwell are most convenient
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
Quality Inn & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#9 of 9 in Abingdon
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!