“Very nice accommodations!”

Hampton Inn Abingdon
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and eager to please. Excellent breakfast daily with new items each day. Rooms are very clean and well appointed. Outdoor pool is small but very well maintained. Location could be better as it is difficult to get turned out onto the main road. (no stop light) however, it is right off the interstate and very close to several restaurants, The Barter Theatre and shopping. Overall, very satisfied! :)

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 17 August 2012

As usual the Hampton Inn in VA did not dissapoint in cleanliness an affordability. Dont be afraid to use this Hampton on your next road trip. The free hot breakfast is just an added bonus and there is something for everyone. Join the Hilton Honors program and earn a free night!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My family is very particular about cleanness. The Hampton Inn in Abingdon could not be cleaner.
The staff are dressed well and are very professional. My family stays there every summer on our way to family reunion. We love it and would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

As usual, Hampton is always clean, welcoming, great bedding and good breakfast. I was weklcomed as a Diamond member. The staff was very helpful in recommending restaurants and again at breakfast the next morning. I Don't understand the "very disappointed" review.One can always request location to be either near or close to the elevator.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I have a lot of family in the Abingdon area, so we travel the at least twice a year for reunions and family get-togethers. I've always found the hotels in the area to be nice but not enjoyable until we found the Hampton Inn! The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was incredibly helpful. We found ourselves enjoying our stay so much that we extended our trip an extra day to relax and lounge around by the pool. This was the first trip we brought my three yr old niece along, and even she didn't want to leave. There is an older gentleman who works for the hotel who is really attentive and full of great advice of things to do and see in the area. One particular morning my niece (being a typical 3 yr old) was a little upset during breakfast that she wanted to have a tea party in her "new room" (what she called the hotel room). We were trying to explain to her that we didn't have her tea set when the gentleman kindly came over and asked her what he could do to help. They talked for a few minutes by the time he walked away we were all laughing again! The breakfast bar is delicious, and held quite a variety. I'm excited to say I found a new home away from home in Abingdon!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2012

A very nice hotel. Everything was excellent. The room was first class, clean, quiet and comfortable. The internet worked quickly and without incident. The bedding was exceptionally nice. The breakfast bar was above average, even for a Hampton and the attendant worked exceedenly hard to assist all customeers. A good place to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I emailed several people about this hotel, and told many more face to face. I travel the state on business and Hampton's always honor my "state rate" and I have always been pleased with them. I can't believe some of the comments I've seen and am trying to figure out where they actually stayed, since I couldn't disagree with the nay-sayers more! From check-in to check-out, I had a wonderful experience. The staff were "over-the-top" friendly and professional and even more than I expected from "friendly SW VA". The second night of a three night stay, got very chilly and there was frost. When I got to my car, I noticed that the windshield had already been scraped! (Not just my window...but everyones! There is a wonderful gentleman who is the epitome of customer service!) My room was kept very clean, the staff were fantastic, breakfast was good and plentiful, and I will return to this hotel. As an HR professional, there is absolutely nothing that I could recommend to the management to fix. (Okay, this is not a "brand new" property, but I found it very well maintained.) Believe the positive comments, at least based on my stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
The Martha Washington Inn and Spa
#8 of 10 in Abingdon
Courtyard Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
#2 of 13 in Bristol

Been to Hampton Inn Abingdon? Share your experiences!