“Staff makes the difference”

Hampton Inn Abingdon
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
Lewistown, Montana
“Staff makes the difference”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

This is a typically clean, comfortable Hampton Inn with a difference: great front desk staff. Courteous and helpful. And the clincher: Lee Crabtree, who I thought was the owner. He cleaned snow off guests cars and offered some of the best customer service I have ever witnessed in a motel. Turns he is the maintenance man, but if I ever buy a motel, I'm hiring him!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Darrell D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Abingdon, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks about our staff. I am exceptionally proud of them and their commitment to guest service. We have lots of comments about Lee and his special way of making guests feel welcome. I appreciate you staying with us and hope to have you back with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Middletown, Virginia
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I always stay at a Hampton. There were hotels closer to my meeting but the hotel and the breakfast make a Hampton my first choice. I look forward to staying at a Hampton. The staff are always friendly and helpful. The sheets and comforter are great. And, the breakfast, waffles and canadian bacon and oatmeal, oh my.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Darrell D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Abingdon, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
I appreciate your kind comments about the Hampton Brand and appreciate you allowing us to serve you while you were in Abingdon. We hope to see you again soon!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 19 January 2013

The hotel needs to be remodeled. I have stayed at this property on business trips for the past 5 years and watched the hotel deteriorate. The staff is friendly, courteous, helpful and professional but they are trying to maintain a property in immediate need of repair. The carpet is worn and dirty, The furniture is worn out and needs to be replaced. The wall paper, linens and drapes are in bad shape. It was a wonderful place to stay for many years but the owners now need to take the responsibility to renovate the facility.

Room Tip: Hotel is worn out and should be remodeled. Old carpets, furniture, wallpaper, drapes and rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Darrell D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Abingdon, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Thank you so much for your loyalty in staying with us over the years. Also thank you kindly for the nice comments about our staff. I'm sorry we have let our hotel condition slip a little, but we are scheduled to begin an extensive renovation of the property within the next 60 days. This renovation will include all new furniture, carpet and ceramic tile throughout the hotel. I hope you will choose us again in the future.
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We had just come from Colonial Williamsburg, and this hotel was a pleasant surprise! We had, 2, count them 2, night stands! We had a fridge and a microwave, something we did not have in the Woodlands. We also had a massaging shower head, yay! A very very nice room, I love it!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments! We are always glad to have great guests such as yourself! We hope to see you again soon!!
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 15 December 2012 via mobile

My stay at this hotel was some time ago but so unforgettable that I want to share my experience with those who are looking for a great place to stay. The employees at this hotel makes you feel like your at home. Clean and comfortable rooms with everything you need for a great stay. And make sure you take time to have breakfast because the ladies there will take good care of you and send you off feeling satisfied.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our hotel. I am exceptionally proud of our staff and their committment to making guests feel welcome. Please come again soon!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

I visit this area once or twice a year for work and have found this hotel to be a good location for me. The hotel is well kept and the staff is very helpful and proactive with finding local restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We enjoy going to Abingdon for the Highlands Festival and shows at the Barter Theater. This is the first year we stayed at this Hampton Inn. The location is convenient both the the town of Abingdon and I81. It is tricky, however, deciding the correct turn to take to get to the hotel from town since the road is adjacent to the highway offramp. Being close to the interstate didn't seem to create a noise problem. The facilities are standard Hampton Inn. The seating area for breakfast was adequate, food variety was good and (as is often the case at HI's) the pleasant and helpful breakfast room attendant adds another plus to the overall review. The downside of this hotel is that there is nothing within walking distance. Will definitely make this hotel our choice when in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alvira3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
The Martha Washington Inn and Spa
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
#2 of 13 in Bristol

Been to Hampton Inn Abingdon? Share your experiences!