Hampton Inn Abingdon
US$65
US$67
US$63
Red Roof
Quality Inn & Suites(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
US$94
Priceline
Fairfield Inn & Suites Abingdon(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$202
US$46
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
All reviewscookieseasy accesswould stay here againclean hotelgreat place to staybarter theaterbusiness tripstaff was very friendly and helpfuloatmealexcellent stayconvenient locationparking lotdesk clerkcomplimentary breakfastthe virginia creeper trailnice roombreakfast bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Booked here for 3 nights business travel back in April, but 15 minutes before check-in time I was called by hotel and notified they were over-booked, and they arranged for me to stay at a Comfort Suites 4 miles away. Because this was business travel and I had been in a different hotel the night before, this was quite an inconvenience, but they made up for it with a generous number of Hilton points. I was able to stay there 2 nights, and this hotel is currently under renovation. I was in an already renovated room that was very nice. New tile floors and carpet, and new workspace and window treatments, which were great. Huge bathroom and great showhead always a plus! Breakfast is standard Hampton Inn. Renovations work was hardly noticed, other than the storage sheds in the parking lot. Anticipate renos to be done by July 2013. Right off of I-81 and less than 2 miles from the Barter Theatre. Enjoyed the 2 nights I was there.

Room Tip: Since it is right next to an interstate, I don't think there are any rooms with a view. Three floors, outdoor pool, fitness center.
Reviewed 23 May 2013

The hotel was under major renovations when I stayed here. It's an older Hampton but the property appears to have been well maintained. They were remodeling the rooms completely, but we did not have an issue with construction noise. There was just some dust and tools in the hallway to our room. My main complaints are that the parking lot is not very well lit and there is NOTHING nearby. If you drive a couple of miles north, there are some restaurants, but there's nothing much to do close to the hotel. For these reasons and the construction, I gave this hotel an average rating. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful and our stay was great. The breakfast staff were extra friendly. I imagine that after the remodeling is complete, that this will be a great place to stay along the way... I would recommend getting a room at the back of the hotel to avoid any road noise.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room at the back of the hotel to avoid any road noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Excellent hotel not costing an arm and a leg with star quality service and an excellent breakfast to start your day. Higly recommend for your business travel or family stay. All areas of the hotel met my needs and staff was more than curtious and provessional.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The people here make the stay enjoyable. One older gentlemen spoke to me three different times to make sure I needed everything during breakfast. The front desk clerk went out of her way to not only recommend restaurants but even give me menus for the restaurants she recommended. The lady working the breakfast was genuinely concerned that I did not finish my biscuit or the eggs I had on my plate. She brought me mints as I finished up.

The room was small but well laid out. The beds were very comfortable and the pillows provided excellent support. The bathroom was also very small but everything was positioned so it was not a problem. The shower had great water pressure and a shower massage head. It drained well, too.

The hotel is very close to I-81. This is nice when finding the hotel but can be an issue with the truck traffic and air brakes being used. My room was towards the side of the hotel and I still heard the occasional truck brake. On the plus side, it is close to restaurants, a Walmart and gas stations so you can take care of anything you need to do right there at that exit.

It was chilly for May so I turned on the heat. I got a terrible smell of something burning so I immediately turned it off. The room was a recently renovated one and the heat may not have been run before so the smell could have been normal but I did without rather than chancing it.

Also, the breakfast wasn't very good. I was almost ashamed for not liking the food because the lady working the breakfast area was so very nice, however, the biscuits were very hard and dry and the gravy watery. The attempt at a cheese omelette was really bad.

I will stay here again when I am in Abingdon but probably stick to the boxed cereal or the waffles for breakfast.

1  Thank grhokie
Reviewed 5 May 2013

first room was below standard but when we said something we were offered a better option. stay away til july during renovations, then everything will be fine and back to normal. the hotel was very convenient to the barter theatre.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple