“Good Hotel”

Hampton Inn Abingdon
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Excellent customer service and did all they could to make sure remodel did not inconvenience. Hotel clean easy access to where i needed to be. All staff member were excellent, spoke when you walked by and ask if they could do anything for you. Excellent staff during my stay.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Great location right off I-81. Our room had two nice queen beds, eating table with two chairs, built-in desk with chair, closet, fridge and microwave. Nice sized room with plenty of space. Everything is clean and fresh. Our second floor room overlooks the pool. Front desk staff is very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was plentiful and good. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Darrell D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Abingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thanks so much for your kind words about our hotel and our staff. We would love having you again.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

The rooms are newly renovated & are great with built in cabinets, desk, & closet. They are still re-doing the lobby. I had to bring suitcases in on the luggage cart. Many of the employees helped me since the floors are uneven in the lobby. A tip - the best handicapped place to park is next to the pool. There is an easy entrance to get into the hotel from there.

If you are considering this hotel vs. the Hampton Inn in Bristol (both on I-81). The Abingdon one has restaurants close & Bristol does not. Abingdon is 16 miles further north than Bristol.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Abingdon. We are very pleased with our renovations and hope to have the lobby completed within the next few weeks. Please stay with us again when you visit our area.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Lobby was in complete shambles; sounds of floor work could be heard throughout the hotel. Walking surfaces were unsafe. No notification was given to occupants communicating that effort was due to start. When I approached the desk staff to ask about how long this effort was supposed to last, I was given a short answer of...I dont know. I cancelled the rest of my stay, and checked into a different hotel. Very frustrating, especially considering how much I stay in Hamptons, Hiltons, etc. Did I mention that I found a pubic hair on the floor in front of the toilet, when I first checked in!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm sorry your stay with us wasn't a pleasant experience. We are trying our best to accommodate all our guests as we work through the last phases of our renovation. Contrary however to your comment, the fact that we are under renovation is posted on our website, on every door as you enter the hotel, inside the elevator and there are two signs at the front desk. All renovation activity that has noise associated with it is stopped at 5 p.m. and does not start in the morning until after 10 a.m. Once again, I apologize for your unpleasant experience as we try to finish our renovations.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Newly renovated hotel. Just renovated this year. Breakfast is sufficient. Orange juice too strong. Apple juice is my choice. Would stay here again when in the area. Not easy to get into during rush hour due to traffic and only one exit to the motel.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Abingdon in order to bike ride the Virginia Creeper Trail. (Which was so much fun!) The hotel staff were very courteous and helpful. We noticed that some of the staff were older, and very hard workers. Ms. Jackie, who took care of all the breakfast items, wore a smile on her face all the time. Lee, from hotel maintenance, was able to advise several places in and around town for us to see/do during our stay. Initially, the room rate was going to be about $140/night, but the clerk was able to charge us only $105/night when we elected to stay 2 nights instead of 1. We were unaware of "incidental" charges that would be charged to our debit account once we checked out, so I called & talked with Amanda, who was very helpful & assured me that the "extra" charges (about $35) would be credited to me once the final bill was processed. Our room was new (remodeled) with a very comfortable bed with duvet cover. The only downside was the air conditioning unit was a bit loud and there is no way to run it intermittently. It had to either be on or off. Also, the mini fridge in the room came on intermittently, and it was a bit noisy. The pool was very nice. The hot breakfast included in our stay was great! I highly recommend this Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This hotel is literally a block off of I-81 and only one mile from downtown Abingdon. It's nothing to write home about, but it's an affordable hotel in a good location - the service was good, I didn't feel that the beds were very comfortable and when we got to the breakfast at 8am, they were out of most things, overall it gets a solid 3/5.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
The Martha Washington Inn and Spa
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 10 in Abingdon
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol

Been to Hampton Inn Abingdon? Share your experiences!