Hampton Inn Abingdon
US$104
Quality Inn & Suites(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$94
QualityInn
Comfort Suites(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$113
ComfortSuites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Abingdon(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
US$145
Priceline
US$180
US$221
TripAdvisor
All reviewscookieseasy accesswould stay here againclean hotelgreat place to staybarter theaterbusiness tripstaff was very friendly and helpfuloatmealexcellent stayconvenient locationparking lotdesk clerkcomplimentary breakfastthe virginia creeper trailnice roombreakfast bar
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The weekend before Christmas, I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Abingdon, VA. I have stayed here previously and always enjoyed it. When I departed on Sunday morning, I mistakenly left my cell phone charger in the room. I called the hotel from the road on Sunday afternoon to report this and ask the hotel to retrieve the charger. They claimed to be unable to find the charger. I called several times over the next 4 days and was told that "the housekeeping staff always returns things to the front desk", implying that I really didn't leave the charger. Well, I did leave it, and my cell phone charger did not just get up and walk away! So there is either a dishonest person on the housekeeping staff or the hotel has strangers walking the hall looking in rooms to see whether somebody left something valuable (which is hard to do if the doors are locked). If I had to bet, I'd say there is a dishonest person on the housekeeping staff who is now the proud owner of a very good cell phone charger. I have occasionally left items in my room at other hotels, and this is the very first time a hotel has not retrieved the item and returned it to me. It was very discouraging because I am unable to buy a cell phone charger like the one which was stolen.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank John W
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We had to cancel the 2nd night of our stay. I mistakenly left my telephone in the room. When I discovered it the next day I called them. They had it and made arrangements to return it to me. They were extremely helpful in every way.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 26 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I routinely stay here when traveling through the area on business. Although the exterior indicates this is an older hotel, the interior has been redecorated and is very nice. The rooms are what you would expect from a Hampton--clean, comfortable, and nicely appointed. Fresh fruit and coffee in the lobby, which isn't very big but has adequate seating and places for a quiet conversation. Hotel is just off I-81, but only a few minutes away from the Barter Theatre and several good restaurants. Internet access is good, and cell reception (ATT) is good here. My only complaint is that it's sometimes difficult to exit the hotel parking lot if you're leaving at work time on a weekday morning. Otherwise no complaints, and it remains my hotel of choice for the Abingdon area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Debra M
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We arrived early in the day and thought we'd stop by the hotel. To our surprise we were able to check in and get into our room. Very nice. Everything was clean and comfortable. All the staff were helpful and friendly. We were going to 2 plays at the Barter Theatre. It was a quick drive to and from the hotel; we were able to easily go back to our hotel and relax between meals and plays.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple