“Hampton Inn, Abingdon, VA”

Hampton Inn Abingdon
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
Greenville, South Carolina
“Hampton Inn, Abingdon, VA”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Excellent accomodations, easy access to and from interstate, convenient location for access to Barter Theater and downtown Abingdon. Excellent complimentary full breakfast and pleasant dining facility. Friendly, helpful staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I often Stacy in Hampton Inn hotels and am never disappointed in their consistently clean, well designed rooms and entryways. Always great customer service too! The bed was a little hard for me, but wouldn't stop me from returning.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hixson, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 August 2014

For some reason, I wasn't terribly impressed with this hotel, but if pressed, I'd have a hard time putting a finger on why. For one thing, it was literally right beside the interstate, so some people might have to put up with noise problems. For another, I had a problem with the air conditioning. I was going to mark the hotel down on this, but it was my own fault, so I just feel like a silly fool. Our room would not cool, no matter how high I had the setting at. It just pumped out air. The morning we were leaving, my wife found that it was set on Fan, not AC, so I feel like a moron, but that said, after switching it to AC, it didn't cool down the room very easily or quickly. I also wasn't overly impressed with the breakfast, although as my wife pointed out, it had waffles, eggs, cereal, bagels, etc. and plenty of juice and coffee. The they cut the banana stems off, so it's impossible to peel your banana. Bizarre. The seating area, however, was large and open, so that was nice. Turning left out of the street it's on can be tricky, because it's right up against the freeway and traffic bunches up on the road and unless some kind soul lets you out, you'll be stuck there for awhile. The hotel is close to gas stations, so that's good, and it's not far from downtown Abingdon. The hotel's free wifi was easy for me to access, but not for my wife. The hotel had no sit down restaurant or bar. Housekeeping was decent, although my mattress cover wasn't fixed and they didn't take the used coffee out of the coffee maker, which was an unpleasant surprise in the dark. I guess all in all, it wasn't a bad hotel. I just guess that for $315 for two nights, I expected a little more.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Darrell D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Abingdon, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel. I'm sorry there were things you were not completely happy with. Although we are close to interstate 81 we never have complaints about road noise even from guests staying in the rooms closest to the road. If you are in our area again I sincerely hope you will stay with us again.
Moneta, Virginia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Two friends and myself spent two nights at the Abingdon Hampton Inn. Our room was well-appointed and very comfortable. The homemade cookies served in the evening were a nice treat. Will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Abingdon. Those cookies are delicious and are prepared each weekday evening. I hope you can visit our area and stay with us again soon.
Beaverdam, Virginia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We try to stay at a Hampton Inn whenever we travel because of their consistent quality. The hotel was clean. The room was small and we did not receive the bedding choice that had been requested. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choices. Price was high for value received.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Abingdon. I reviewed your reservation and found that it was made through Hampton's Central Reservation System on a night we were completely sold out. Most likely the room that was reserved for you was the only room available at the time of your reservation as it was not changed by our hotel. I do appreciate your kind words about the cleanliness of the hotel and our great complimentary breakfast. Hopefully you will stay with us again soon.
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I was here on business and stayed for an extended period, at this Hampton Inn. The staff is very friendly and acknowledge me daily. Housekeeping did an great job keeping the rooms and overall hotel, clean and fresh. The beds slept nice. The only negative is I had to leave and change hotels, due to my work location changed. Wish this hadn't been the case. If, in the area again, I will stay here. Short stay or long stay, this hotel is highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2014
First of all thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Abingdon. I am aware that our guests have many choices for accommodations. Secondly, thanks so much for your kind words about our staff. They work incredibly hard to assure that each guest has a great experience during their stay. Hopefully you can return soon!
United States
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Came to Abingdon for the bike ride & had a delightful stay at the Hampton Inn. The staff was most helpful with directions & info about local attractions, sent us off each morning with a great breakfast! The trail was so much fun we did it both days of our weekend stay!! Enjoyed a Barter Theater performance & attended multiple events at the Highlands Festival. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
The Martha Washington Inn and Spa
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
#2 of 13 in Bristol

Been to Hampton Inn Abingdon? Share your experiences!