“Courteous, Organized, and Exceeding Expectation”

Hampton Inn Abingdon
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
Nashville, Tennessee
“Courteous, Organized, and Exceeding Expectation”
Reviewed 8 June 2005

Most of what I experienced has already been written about in other reviews, but I'll add my perspective as a counselor on a youth group trip. When we arrived, the staff had all of our keys organized according to the pre-sent rooming lists, and they had made a huge batch of chocolate chocolate chip and peanut butter fudge cookies along with a tankard of lemonade for our kids. Since it was raining, we didn't take advantage of the small, but usable pool. Our kids are great to begin with, but the room soundproofing in this hotel is above average and the air conditioners are quiet.

Breakfast is handled by "the Three Sisters:" three "seasoned" women who remind me of the hostesses that Grandy's used to employ... asking if we found everything okay and if we needed anything else.

A couple of room notes - ours was outfitted with both microwave and mid-sized mini-fridge. The furniture in the room and most of the bathroom fixtures look like they've been redone sometime post 2000. The iron and board are stored in the free-standing wardrobe - something that eats a hair at room space, but will be flexible for the hotel in future remodels. The shower curtain is on one of the new "bowed out" curtain rods, preventing the claustrophobic shower experience.

The Hampton Inn of today has taken the convenience category of hotel to a new level with its e.e. cummings-inspired branding of everything from "juice." to "shampoo." to the "smile." sign in the elevator. They've managed to provide a taste of the high-end Hilton experience in their everyday properties. This hotel in Abingdon exceeds expectations in every category and deserves the five-dot ratings all around.

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank Redbeard25

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 February 2005

My husband travels for business quite a bit and always stays with Hampton Inn. I had very little experience with them so I was very pleasantly surprised by real luxury of this hotel.

We stayed here for one night while traveling in January of 2005. The hotel is right off the interstate in Adingdon so it is very easy to locate.

The lobby area is very clean and well appointed, looks much more luxurious than one would expect for the $63.00 we paid for a 2 queen room.

The check-in was fast and friendly.

Our room was spotless, well appointed with nice TV (lots of stations), microwave, refrigerator, iron and ironing board, and hairdryer. The bath was quite large and comfortable.

The breakfast was quite wonderful. Eggs, sausage, bisquits, yogurt, fruit, bagels, toast, english muffin, fruit muffins, milk, tea, juice and superior coffee all complimentary and refreshed regularly throughout the morning.

Checkout was easy through their automated system. I did it on the TV in about 2 minutes. Merely leave your keys in the room.

We did a little exploration in Adingdon, which was founded in 1778, and found there is a great deal to it once you get away from the interstate. There are some lovely local shops in Colonial period buildings. There is a world famed local theatre, the Barter Theatre, from which Gregory Peck was an alumni. They put on a variety of plays throughout the year. There are also some nice local resturants, both fancy and down home, from which to choose. We highly recomend you drive through the town just to admire the architecture if nothing else.

All in all we were very pleased with Abingdon and highly impressed with the Hampton Inn. It is a steal for the tremendous quality you receive. We will happily stay with them again in future.

• Stayed January 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jefferson City, TN
Reviewed 11 August 2004

Unless someone convinces me otherwise, I'll never stay anywhere else in Abingdon. My sister and I went during the Virgnia Highlands Festival and still got a great rate. Where else could you find a hot and cold breakfast that is supervised by The Three Sisters who look out for your every need? Seriously. Let's see, the breakfast includes sausage biscuits, biscuits and gravy, fruit medley, cereal, hot chocolate, instant oatmeal, eggs, croissants, bagels, toast, low and high octane coffee, hot teas, juices, milk...okay, that's enough. You get the picture. The water pressure in the shower and bath was wonderful, the toiletries included shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, eye makeup remover (I've never had that before anywhere) and of course the body and facial soaps and showercap. Our two queen beds had fantastic mattresses and they provided two extra pillows in addition to the two for each bed--and all the pillows were very cushioney. We didn't have time for the pool but we sat out at night and the ambiance was very nice. I never heard the normal bleeding through from the rooms next door at all. For those who want a bar in the hotel, the Hampton Inn didn't have one, but they were abundant in town. And the Hampton was VERY close to Main Street. Please, don't waste your time going anywhere else. Side note: We had dinner at The Tavern and it was fantastic. As we were leaving, the bartender decided to give my sister "the arbitrary free gift" of a beer mug. A+ for everything.

7 Thank bitshull
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 26 January 2004

I stayed at the Abingdon Hampton Inn about a year ago. It had been recomended by some former co-workers. The room was outstanding and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I'm now a big Hampton Inn fan and have stayed in their facilities all across the country . I'd have to say this facility and the Hampton Inn Syracuse Airport in NY are the two best motels I have stayed in in easily the past 20 years. Hope they keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed January 2003, travelled on business
9 Thank maryanddave
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
The Martha Washington Inn and Spa
Comfort Inn
#6 of 10 in Abingdon
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bristol

Been to Hampton Inn Abingdon? Share your experiences!