Hampton Inn Abingdon
Alpine Motel(Abingdon)
Great 4.5/5
Excellent 5/5
  • Pool
All reviewscookieseasy accesswould stay here againclean hotelgreat place to staybarter theaterbusiness tripstaff was very friendly and helpfuloatmealexcellent stayconvenient locationparking lotdesk clerkcomplimentary breakfastthe virginia creeper trailnice roombreakfast bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2009

We stayed here for one day in preparation for our Creeper Trail visit, and we were not disappointed. The rooms were clean, as was the pool and common areas. The staff was particularly friendly and helpful, especially "Lee", who took the time to share with us and other guests. He is a gem, and we hope he is appreciated by hotel mgt.

You wont be disappointed with this place.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Very, very clean, quiet and loaded with amenities. Business people mostly during the week. I arrived to find a bottle of water and a bag of potato chips waiting for me in my room. Room was quite large and had a micro/fridge set up. Comfortable king bed with absolutely miserable feather pillows - squished flat immediately. If I had not been so worn out from dealing with family health issues, I would have requested foam pillows. 2 lamps had bulbs that were out. Shower button pushed in and would not pop back out therefore water would not come out of the lower tap. Breakfast was good as is typical of Hampton Inn. Very friendly front desk. Despite earlier mentioned issues, I would stay here again. All in all, a great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Just a really quick entry ... I am sitting in my third floor room at the Hampton Inn, Abingdon, VA - It just doesn't get any better than this! I'm using in-room WiFII (I went down to the desk to ask a question and I never lost signal, even in the elevator!) and I am easily able to do everything on my Acer notebook I usually do at home on my desktop. Neat!

The hotel is easily five stars, clean, convenient and well staffed.

I was at first a bit concerned. As soon as I reached the room, I logged into the net and checked my e-mail. Then, I checked my bank accounts on line. That was what threw me, I saw that my credit card account had already been charged and the rate was way over what it should have been! I hurried down to the desk ... the clerk said that it had been posted, but that was just to set up the charge and it would be finalized at a lot lower rate later! <whew>

We're going to the play this evening and afterwards, I'm looking forward to the plush king size bed here!

Jim

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2008

I've stayed at the Hampton many times and have never had a bad experience.....which is why I choose to stay here even when I'm only in the area for the Creeper Trail. The cleanliness and friendly staff make the extra minutes drive to Damascus well worth it!!!

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 13 August 2008

I've stayed at the Comfort Inn in Abingdon and it was fine but a couple of nights ago, my sister and I stayed at the Hampton Inn and it was really nice. I'm all about comfortable beds and this one was fabulous. The pillows and the mattress were very nice.
I don't usually like hotel coffee but this coffee (at the breakfast bar) was okay...which is saying a lot! The staff was friendly and helpful

• Stayed: August 2008