“Good Showers!”
Review of Alpine Motel

Alpine Motel
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Alpine Motel was rather simplistic. The area is quiet and the beds are comfy. Although I was not pleased with how loud the bathroom fan was, I did however, enjoy the shower; the water pressure was perfect after the long day I had in the beautiful town of Abingdon. Nice place to go rest your head for a few nights.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kheri W

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I with a group of 18 students spent a night in the Alpine Motel while being in Abingdon. After cycling for some hours on the Virginia Creeper Trail, it felt so relaxing to be in a comforting motel as Alpine Motel. I did not spend much time in the room, but the conditions were great there. Everything was clean and organized. My favorite part was the breathtaking view from the motel. It was a pleasure to sit on the chair, right outside my room, and enjoy the beauty of the mountains.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Nicoleta D
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The room was comfortable, and the motel has a lovely view. Unfortunately, there were a couple issues. The sheets, though they smelled clean, were scattered with bits of hair. There was a dead daddy-longlegs spider in the corner of the bathroom, and I had to kill another one on my bed before I, somewhat uneasily, went to sleep. The free breakfast was rather sparse, and the wifi was iffy. Though it is in a convenient location, I wouldn’t stay in the Alpine Motel again if I could help it.

1  Thank Caroline H
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Alpine Motel proved to be the perfect place for an overnight stay in southwestern Virginia. I traveled to Abingdon with a group of 18 students representing Berea College, and we remained in the area for a day and a half exploring the Virginia Creeper Trail and visiting locally-owned shops and restaurants. After a long day of adventures, the motel was a welcome resting spot, providing a spacious room with two beds, a small refrigerator, an elongated countertop with sink, and a full-sized bathtub with shower. There were various lighting options in the room (3 lamps and 1 overhead). There were also two large curtains at the front of the room that could be drawn back to reveal floor-to-ceiling windows, but given their position overlooking the parking lot it was not “convenient” to have them open. This is the only thing I was dissatisfied with, for I would have preferred to naturally light up the room via these windows. Overall, though, I was pleased with this motel and would consider staying here again in the future.

1  Thank Monica P
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It was nice to be able to take a warm shower and relax for a bit on the comfy bed after riding all day on the Creeper Trail before heading out to taste a bit of Abingdon at the Heartwood restaurant.

The room was clean and the cable worked however there was no shampoo provided and I forgot to pack my own. Also the Wifi was horrible! It kept kicking me off which made my evening very frustrating. Other than that it was an enjoyable stay and I did get a good nights sleep in the comfy bed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TaylorSabo
Reviewed 30 May 2014

You feel welcome and relaxed right from when you check-in.
I was from biking the Virginia Creeper Trail and was very tired, sweaty, and sore; when they checked us in immediately, I was grateful because I needed a shower badly.
Once inside, I appreciated the level of cleanliness and order that they had kept everything; it felt like they had prepared it specifically for me. The room was very spacious, the bathroom very clean and I had a good bath in a clean tub. The towels were spotlessly clean.
The internet is good; if you connect more than one devices at the same time it gets weak. though (I had both my laptop and i-pad connected but when I disconnected one it was good).
The check-out is easy too; you just leave the keys in your room.

Impeccable service. I will definitely go back there if I'm in Abingdon again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank kiptoo l
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Alpine Motel of Abington, WV can be described in two words—clean and convenient. When traveling cleanliness as always is a number one priority, as it is for most. While staying at the Alpine the rooms and grounds were very clean! As far as the location goes it is super close to everything, while still being nestled back from the main road and interstate. Overall it’s a solid choice and I would without a doubt recommend it to others.

3  Thank Holden D