“Decent”
Review of Alpine Motel

Alpine Motel
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
Reviewed 3 June 2014

As far as having the basic necessities, the Alpine Hotel is a decent place. It provides plenty of space in each room, a microwave, a mini fridge, a bathroom, and a TV. As far as the actual quality of the Alpine Motel, I wish that it had been much better. For example, when I laid down to rest at night, I found quite a few knats flying around in my room (And I know it wasn’t my smell, because I had just taken a shower). I found 3 finger sized burn holes in my sheets, and along with this the beds simply were not that comfortable. I wish the Alpine Motel would take the initiative in making sure that all of the items in each of their rooms are at the best quality that they can be, i.e. making sure that the bed sheets do not have burn holes in them.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kristian T

Reviewed 2 June 2014

After a long day of biking, the Alpine Motel was a quaint place to kick off the shoes and relax. Each room is provided with two beds, a TV, microwave, fridge, sink outside of the bathroom, toilet, and shower. The room is spacious for what general motels provide which gives an open-concept feel to give you the space needed after a long day of traveling.

The convenience of the hotel to downtown Abingdon is great because it is just 2 miles.So, you can get out and enjoy the local community and food with ease. Also, in the other direction from the hotel are more of your chain restaurants if that is something you are interested. Although the hotel sits off of a busy road, the rooms are positioned in the back to allow for noise reduction and a feel of serenity.

My two improvements for the motel would be to provide shampoo even though they already provide soap. So make sure to pack up your essential bathroom items for the trip. Also, the WiFi was a battle to keep up at points, but I was traveling with a group which could have brought down the strength of the signal.

Overall, a pleasant trip. Good location. Great customer service, and a perk was a free breakfast in the lobby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Dylan M
Reviewed 2 June 2014

If you are looking for something clean and convenient I do recommend this motel. The customer service was great as soon as my colleagues and I arrived we immediately received the keys to our room and were able to check in. The rooms were nice and very spacious. They were also very well lit which I loved.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Alpine Motel was rather simplistic. The area is quiet and the beds are comfy. Although I was not pleased with how loud the bathroom fan was, I did however, enjoy the shower; the water pressure was perfect after the long day I had in the beautiful town of Abingdon. Nice place to go rest your head for a few nights.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kheri W
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I with a group of 18 students spent a night in the Alpine Motel while being in Abingdon. After cycling for some hours on the Virginia Creeper Trail, it felt so relaxing to be in a comforting motel as Alpine Motel. I did not spend much time in the room, but the conditions were great there. Everything was clean and organized. My favorite part was the breathtaking view from the motel. It was a pleasure to sit on the chair, right outside my room, and enjoy the beauty of the mountains.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Nicoleta D
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The room was comfortable, and the motel has a lovely view. Unfortunately, there were a couple issues. The sheets, though they smelled clean, were scattered with bits of hair. There was a dead daddy-longlegs spider in the corner of the bathroom, and I had to kill another one on my bed before I, somewhat uneasily, went to sleep. The free breakfast was rather sparse, and the wifi was iffy. Though it is in a convenient location, I wouldn’t stay in the Alpine Motel again if I could help it.

1  Thank Caroline H
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Alpine Motel proved to be the perfect place for an overnight stay in southwestern Virginia. I traveled to Abingdon with a group of 18 students representing Berea College, and we remained in the area for a day and a half exploring the Virginia Creeper Trail and visiting locally-owned shops and restaurants. After a long day of adventures, the motel was a welcome resting spot, providing a spacious room with two beds, a small refrigerator, an elongated countertop with sink, and a full-sized bathtub with shower. There were various lighting options in the room (3 lamps and 1 overhead). There were also two large curtains at the front of the room that could be drawn back to reveal floor-to-ceiling windows, but given their position overlooking the parking lot it was not “convenient” to have them open. This is the only thing I was dissatisfied with, for I would have preferred to naturally light up the room via these windows. Overall, though, I was pleased with this motel and would consider staying here again in the future.

1  Thank Monica P