Alpine Motel
US$104
Quality Inn & Suites(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$63
Red Roof
US$70
Priceline
Fairfield Inn & Suites Abingdon(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$221
TripAdvisor
US$46
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
All reviewsbeautiful view of the mountainsrooms are hugefamily ownedrefrigerator and microwavetwo double bedsfamily cemeterymotor innssink areaplenty of hot waterblow dryercan't beat the priceair conditionerolder placeupdated bathroomclean roomsclean place to staybit dated
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The rooms were very spacious and the air conditioning was very cold. However, the AC was also loud and the pillows were stained. Not exactly comforting to sleep on something stained. Comfortable bed, would recommend it if you're looking for a spacious place. Free wifi was also a big plus

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2014

As far as having the basic necessities, the Alpine Hotel is a decent place. It provides plenty of space in each room, a microwave, a mini fridge, a bathroom, and a TV. As far as the actual quality of the Alpine Motel, I wish that it had been much better. For example, when I laid down to rest at night, I found quite a few knats flying around in my room (And I know it wasn’t my smell, because I had just taken a shower). I found 3 finger sized burn holes in my sheets, and along with this the beds simply were not that comfortable. I wish the Alpine Motel would take the initiative in making sure that all of the items in each of their rooms are at the best quality that they can be, i.e. making sure that the bed sheets do not have burn holes in them.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kristian T
Reviewed 2 June 2014

After a long day of biking, the Alpine Motel was a quaint place to kick off the shoes and relax. Each room is provided with two beds, a TV, microwave, fridge, sink outside of the bathroom, toilet, and shower. The room is spacious for what general motels provide which gives an open-concept feel to give you the space needed after a long day of traveling.

The convenience of the hotel to downtown Abingdon is great because it is just 2 miles.So, you can get out and enjoy the local community and food with ease. Also, in the other direction from the hotel are more of your chain restaurants if that is something you are interested. Although the hotel sits off of a busy road, the rooms are positioned in the back to allow for noise reduction and a feel of serenity.

My two improvements for the motel would be to provide shampoo even though they already provide soap. So make sure to pack up your essential bathroom items for the trip. Also, the WiFi was a battle to keep up at points, but I was traveling with a group which could have brought down the strength of the signal.

Overall, a pleasant trip. Good location. Great customer service, and a perk was a free breakfast in the lobby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Dylan M
Reviewed 2 June 2014

If you are looking for something clean and convenient I do recommend this motel. The customer service was great as soon as my colleagues and I arrived we immediately received the keys to our room and were able to check in. The rooms were nice and very spacious. They were also very well lit which I loved.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Alpine Motel was rather simplistic. The area is quiet and the beds are comfy. Although I was not pleased with how loud the bathroom fan was, I did however, enjoy the shower; the water pressure was perfect after the long day I had in the beautiful town of Abingdon. Nice place to go rest your head for a few nights.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends