“Don't Use The Whirlpool After 11 P.M.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Victoria and Albert Inn

Victoria and Albert Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abingdon
Victoria and Albert Inn
Ranked #13 of 16 Abingdon B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Don't Use The Whirlpool After 11 P.M.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2005

My husband and I just returned from Abingdon, Virginia where we spent two nights at the Victoria and Albert Inn. We were celebrating our first anniversary. The inn is beautiful, but there were a couple of problems.

We stayed in the flower room, which has an adjoining private bath with a double whirlpool tub. The tub was one of the main reasons we decided to stay at the V&A. Upon welcoming us to the inn and giving us a tour of our room, Richard showed us the tub and said, "Try to keep the water in the tub". He told us that some newlyweds had stayed at the inn and "thought it would be fun to spray each other with the showerhead." Richard said this had resulted in over $200 worth of damages. This was the only thing he told us about using the whirlpool. In addition, there were instructions posted on the bathroom wall for using the tub....make sure the light switch on the far left is in the on position, turn the whirlpool on once the water is approximately 2 inches above the jets...that kind of thing. So on our first night, we decided to try out the tub. After enjoying the whirlpool for a while, it suddenly stopped working. When we got out, an unsigned note had been slipped under our door stating, "The policy here is no whirlpool after 11 p.m." Someone had evidently turned off the breaker to the tub.

No such policy was stated to us on arrival, and nothing like this was posted anywhere in the room or bathroom. If we had been aware of this policy, we would have been more than willing to abide by the rules.

The second problem was that the bed linens smelled very musty. My husband had commented on the smell the next morning, but hadn't realized it was the sheets.

All in all, we had a great time in Abingdon, and I know there are many who thoroughly enjoy their stays at the V&A. No place is perfect; however, I probably will not return to this inn.

• Stayed May 2005
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rocky Face, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2004

After calling for a room at the A@V Inn, we booked a room at their other B&B a couple of blocks down. That was The Love House. We chose it because of a large jetted tub in the room. First impression at the A&V where we checked in, was a very well kept, upscale inn. Arrivial at Love House looked "OK" at first.....except the gardener must have been on vacation for awhile. House is pretty and restored into what could or has been a nice B&B (does smell a little musty). Room was comfortable, but I had the really we were using the hand-me-downs from the A&V. Had daily maid service.... but whoever cleans only hits the high spots. The whole house needs a good spring cleaning. I do have to say the inkeepers were nice enough and Hazel's food is wonderful! I feel her help is letting her down.
No I wouldn't stay there again....won't be welcome now anyway! And don't waste your money at the Hardware Store. Food was very good.......but greatly over priced for the service and atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2004
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank lucy30740
north carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2004

My wife and I spent a getaway weekend here in July. Hosts are wonderful. Location is great. Within walking distance of the Barter Theatre and good restaurants (including one owned by hosts). Within walking/biking distance of Virginia Creeper trail and rental shop. Room was very nice and extremely comfortable. A great experience all the way around.

1 Thank s_grab
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2003

What a perfect weekend getaway! I took my fiance to the Victoria and Albert Inn in November of 2000 for his birthday. We were greeted at the door by Hazel, and sent up to the parlor for home made chocolate chip cookies, which were amazing! The Inn itself is lovely and the food is out of this world. This is because Hazel has been a gourmet chef for the past 25 + years. The breakfasts are wonderful and you simply must make reservations for a dinner, (she made a fabulous birthday cake for my fiance). Hazel and her husband Richard are extremely hospitable and very nice to talk with. The rooms are beautiful, especially the blue room, with a deep soaking bath tub and white plush bathrobes. We loved it so much, we went back the next year again! Five star Inn for sure!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2003

The Victoria and Albert Inn is the loveliest bed and breakfast I've stayed in. The owners were very accomodating to everyone in my party. I would definitely go back.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member