“Nice staff, comfy bed & nice little breakfast!”

Super 8 Abingdon VA
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Definitely recommend for a great nights sleep, beds were comfortable, nice continental breakfast with coffee, juice, cereal, oatmeal, biscuits & gravy & you can make your own fresh waffles!
We stay here after riding the Virginia Creeper & we can bring our bikes into our room!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FNPinKnox
Super8Abingdon_VA, Manager at Super 8 Abingdon VA, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback. Its helpful for us to determine how we are doing. We strive to provide great service. We do provide over 15 ground floor rooms and the second floor is only 8 steps up. We would be more then happy to reserve you a room on one of the first two floors, please call us to book your next stay with us. We hope to see you soon!

Carole | FDM

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have never written a negative review for anywhere, but this is well deserved! I also know that this was a cheaper hotel, but I have stayed in many Super 8's and never had these problems.

Arrived to an indifferent staff member who wouldn't even acknowledge I was at the counter (2 ft away from him) until he was done typing whatever he was typing and then didn't even bother to look at me when he said, "help you?" He gave me my room key and told me how to get there, but didn't bother to give me any other information regarding breakfast times or anything else. I got to the room and was disappointed to find that it was in a state of bad disrepair. The carpet looked like it was the original and was flattened to the floor and badly faded and stained, with holes. The bedspread was also badly stained and there were cigarette burns on it. I removed that immediately. The refrigerator was so noisy, I unplugged it altogether. The room had a musty odor to it. There was a creepy centipede looking bug on the ceiling which I killed immediately, and I assumed would be the only one I saw, so I didn't freak out too much at that point. There was a light layer of dust on the old box television and cobwebs in the corners of the bathroom. However, the sheets and the bathroom appeared to be clean and I needed to get some sleep for an early conference the next day, so I stayed. I was lucky I woke up naturally, because the alarm clock failed to go off. THEN- I saw another one of those creepy crawly critters. This time, I took a picture. Then another one appeared. Then the forth one made an appearance. I was so creeped out!!! I got ready as fast as possible and got out of there! I had a bowl of cereal in the lobby before heading out (one of the few options, there were two types of cereal, apples, and gravy and biscuits. That was it.) I told the lady at the counter about the bugs when I checked out and she seemed somewhat amused at me. What a terrible experience!!!! I would never ever go back if someone paid me to!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!