“Unable to Rate, Restaurant Closed”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Parks Mill Barbecue - CLOSED

Parks Mill Barbecue
Price range: US$1 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Parks Mill cooks and serves wood smoked turkey, pork bbq, and baby back ribs with a variety of homemade sides like Cole slaw, bbq beans and potato salad. Also desserts like or made fresh each day banana pudding and brownies along with ice cream and milkshakes. Also have hamburgers, hotdogs, turkey legs and sell bbq by the pound and whole roast. Working water grist meal we grind our own grits and cornmeal that are for sale in the store. Peaceful place along Parks Creek away from town and the crowds. Outside seating available. Seconds away from South Holston Lake and Avens Boat Ramp.
Bristol, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unable to Rate, Restaurant Closed”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

ALL of the information I could find on the internet, on SEVERAL websites, claim that the restaurant is open today, right now. After risking life and limb in a terrible rain storm, traveling from my town to this town, we find that the restaurant is only open on Friday Saturday, and Sunday. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
My only experience has been torture and disgust, and I am back at home after a couple of hours eating potato chips. This website requires me to give a rating, but all I can rate is my experience. I am certain the restaurant is great and the food as well. I encourage someone somewhere that has authority to do so, to let these websites understand their business hours.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Chandler S

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the beans! I like everything but I love the beans.”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I love the beans. They were my meal today. Everything is great though. It's close to town. Love the location.

Cookeville
“good food but indifferent service”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I arrived for dinner a little early and there were only 2 other people in the restaurant. A young lady took my order, never made eye contact, never smiled, told me to take my ticket and I'd be called when it was ready. The food arrived quickly and the ribs and potato salad were very good. The place is a little small but has a lot of character. After I was served, again without a smile, I was never approached again-not offered a refill of my tea, not checked to make sure all was well, and not offered dessert. Pretty disappointing, especially because the owner was present. Disinterested (but not rude) attitudes like this are the responsibility of the owner to instill in her employees, and obviously the owner condones this indifference. There was 1 young lady with dark hair pulled back in a ponytail that smiled at me as I left, wished me a good day, and told me to come back. Wish I knew her name, because her nice smile and sincerity was a welcome change to the others' disinterest, including the owner. May try them again, not sure.

Visited May 2014
Bristol, Tennessee
“Best BBQ around.”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I have eaten at many BBQ places but parks mill is the best hands down. We look forward to spring coming because we know that's when we can get the best BBQ ever. Dave is an awesome owner and cook. Highly recommend everyone to try it.

• Visited April 2014
Wichita, Kansas
“Total Awesome”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were just out for a Sunday drive and got hungry found
parks on the phone and used the phone gps to find it and
thought when we saw it as we pulled up crock pot bbq.
OMG what a total and complete surprise it was AWESOME
and so good we all loved it and the people were great we'll
be back again for sure