“Delightful and Delicious”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I came here for my birthday. What a nice treat! The owner/hostess was delightful and informative ... telling us about the history of the house and offering suggestions with the teas. The whole time was a nice pampering. We enjoyed the two different pots of teas, the soup, the scones (complete with cream and jam), the finger sandwiches, and the dessert. Everything was very tasty; wish I could rate things better than excellent. Nice value for all you get.

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised with our afternoon tea. Starting with the salad and finishing with a delicious and light blackberry sorbet, everything was delicious and fresh. Everything was served in a timely manner with a ring of a bell.
Would definitely go back in the fall, as she said the menu changes monthly.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

What a great afternoon tea! The Blue Eyes tea is amazing and the homemade scones with lemon curd is simply delicious! A must try if you're in Abingdon!

Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

We had a great time at Camella's! The food was very good and perfectly presented. Tea selection was better than expected as was the owner's knowledge of not only high tea, but also Abingdon. Precious little tea room! The adjoining store was also lovely and exceeded expectations. I am grateful to my fellow Tripadvisor reviewers who alerted me in advance that gratuity was going to be automatically added and that only cash and checks were accepted (although in this day & age with cell phones readily available and Square card readers so inexpensive, that seems ridiculous- even our Girl Scout Troop takes credit cards!) I found several items in the gift shop that I would have purchased if paying by card was available. Despite the $10 teas being listed on the menu, it appeared to me that the owner did not want to serve them. She gave our menus saying "we are serving our Afternoon Tea today" as if the other two options were unavailable. I did not press the issue. After tea, be sure to go across the street to the Oil Company shop which sells oils and vinegars.

1  Thank Threegirlsonthego
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I recently arranged a bridal tea for my long time friend. Camella's was the perfect place for this event. Everything was just lovely. The tables were beautifully decorated, the tea was delicious and all of the finger foods were amazing. Everyone in our party enjoyed our relaxing afternoon tea.