“My first time at a Bed & Breakfast and I was treated like a Queen”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abingdon
Black's Fort Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 16 Abingdon B&B and Inns
CHARLOTTE
“My first time at a Bed & Breakfast and I was treated like a Queen”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Prior to our trip I researched places to stay and kept on coming back to Black's Fort Inn. I am so glad that we selected this B&B and we were able to experience such a beautiful home! We stayed downstairs and loved every moment! Very clean and only the best of towels, and bedding. Breakfast was just an experience of it's own and very well catered to our needs.

We will be back next year!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Burnsville, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 August 2011

If you are looking for a B&B that offers a warm and welcoming place to stay the Black's Fort Inn is the place to go! Cindy goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable and pampered even down to having a luscious dessert waiting for you in the evening. You should stay there just to experience her breakfast! The rooms are welcoming and clean, we had a wonderful time. And if you are a horse lover this is the place to stay - Cindy would love to introduce you to her beautiful horses. All this within walking distance to the VA creeper trail and downtown Abingdon. Thank you Cindy and Jimmy we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
SC
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at this B&B for an anniversary. We chose Black's Fort for the convenient location close to downtown and the great rates, but we loved it because of the owners! Jimmy and Cindy make you feel welcome and right at home.
The rooms are comfortable and beautiful..ours even had it's own private porch. The bed was so comfortable I had a hard time leaving it in the mornings!
And let's talk about the breakfast...!
Cindy is an awesome cook! No wimpy continental fare here..you better bring a hearty appetite with you to the table, cause she serves up real food!
We highly recommend Black's Fort Inn!

Room Tip: Upstairs bedroom has it's own private porch.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reidsville, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Each year my daughter and I plan a trip together to celebrate her birthday. This year we chose Abingdon, Virginia, a charming historic town. We had the pleasure and opportunity to stay at Jim and Cindy Patterson's beautiful Bed and Breakfast, Black's Fort Inn. Such a lovely place. Pond filled with ducks, a cascading waterfall followed by a soothing stream of water, beautiful flowers, and of course Cindy's pride and joy, her beautiful horses. You could see all this on their spacious back porch. The bedrooms were wonderful with the most comfortable pillows and mattresses! My bedroom was connected to a sunroom - fabulous! Cindy just absolutely spoiled us with her delicious and creative breakfasts each morning. Missing that apple bread already! Upon arrival, Cindy had on the table, waiting for us, fresh baked cookies! Delicious! Black's Fort is located about two minutes from historic downtown Abingdon but it was so quiet and peaceful you would think you were miles away from the town. On top of everything else, Cindy makes her own candles, owner of The Dixie Candle Company! What can I say - they smelled so good I bought "several". Thanks Jim and Cindy for a wonderful and memorable stay!
Pam McLain and Kelly Watkins, Reidsville, North Carolina

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Catlettsburg, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 October 2010

This is one of the most scenic places we have ever stayed. Beautiful grounds with large pond filled with Canadian geese, Gypsy Cobs, Long Horn steers. The room was well appointed with some of the most comfortable bedding and pillows I have every slept upon. There was a sun room, cozy fireplace, and I have not even mentioned the food---wonderful southern cooking, the Biscuits as big as softballs, yummy breakfast fare, cakes, cookies, nut breads---and of course there are CINDY AND JIMMY our hosts--humor, manners, and an obvious dedication to service. WONDERFUL place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carriagegal59
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
The Martha Washington Inn and Spa
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 10 in Abingdon
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol

Been to Black's Fort Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!