“An outstanding experience.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abingdon
Black's Fort Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 16 Abingdon B&B and Inns
Kissimmee, Florida
“An outstanding experience.”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed at Black's Fort during the week before July 4th. Cindy and Jimmy couldn't have been better hosts. The suite was private, roomy, and very clean. The bed was unusually comfortable. The property is a small working farm. There are several horses, cats, and a big, friendly, Lab named Pepe. It was quite pleasant, in the evening, to sit on the balcony, munching on Cindy's homemade cookies, watching the horses and the lightning bugs while listening to the waterfall. We had three homemade breakfasts. Each was quite different, and each was delicious. Finally, Cindy is a font of information and assistance concerning the attractions around Abingdon. We have visited many B&B's. Our stay at Black's Fort Inn was among the very best we've experienced.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Beelup

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our 39th anniversary.The Inn was immaculate-clean.The Inn grounds were breath taking.There is a beautiful rushing water falls in the back of property that you can see from the balcony.The most beautiful Gypsy horses are grazing outside your window.We had a private lovely porch to sit and relax and enjoy Gods nature.The atmosphere comes with 2 warm and welcoming down to earth Hosts, that make you feel like family.It is a country feel just outside the beautiful town of Abington.The location is perfect.It is right next to the Tavern restaurant and also the creeper trail.We would recommend the Inn highly.This couple works very hard to please you and the breakfast is awesome.I hope to visit again.Thank you Jimmy and Cindy Patterson.God Bless and continue to use you for his Glory.You were a blessing.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcellaoby
Weaverville, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed here while I was in town recently researching a couple of magazine stories and couldn't have been happier. My rooms provided a quiet place to work, and I also enjoyed working on the back patio while watching the cows in the field across the way. The from-scratch breakfast were an excellent start to the day (oatmeal pancakes with maple syrup), and innkeeper Cindy Patterson was a wealth of information for me. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Charlotteville, Tobago
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed there this past weekend with my kids. perfect place for us. Rooms, linens & facilities were clean and neat. The food was great - REAL butter, Real Maple syrup, real OJ - etc. The best part were the owners - sweet, kind county folks doing their best to keep the homestead going. They made my girls feel welcome - showed off their horses. had some warm peppermint chocolate cookies for them the night we arrived. The house is about 100 yds from the Virginia Creeper trail - and as a runner - it was one of the nicest trails I had ever been on. My daughter said - "this is like staying at a grandma's house...except not our grandma's house." Hope to get back there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jonathan B
Louisville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I enjoyed Ms Cindy's wonderful tea and cookies upon arrival. We just sat on the veranda swing overlooking the farm lands after a great day on the VA Creeper Trail.
The breakfast spread was fantastic. All home made and locally or home grown foods- fresh and flavorful. She really is a good. The stay was relaxing.
Thanks for the hospitality.

Room Tip: We stayed in a queen bed room and we are used to a King. The room was charming and had it's o...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa C
Morrisville, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Cindy is a gracious hostess who is extremely accomodating of dietary restrictions, flexible on serving time for breakfast, and makes her guests feel at home. We were there for 4 nights, and there were no repeats on breakfast dishes, which I must say were all delicious, prepared with high quality ingredients, and best of all, a healthy dose of love. If time and circumstances permit you to do so, I highly recommend a tour of the barns and a visit with Cindy's gypsy horses. The grounds are well maintained, the porches are the perfect place to kick back and relax, and the pond and waterfall provide a tranquil respite. If you are a hiker or biker, the inn is very conveniently located a short distance from the Virginia Creeper Trail. Cindy's husband Jimmy is equally as friendly, and will also do his best to accomodate your needs.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Meadow Suite, which was very spacious, and included a mini fridge that was stocked...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia S
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 May 2013

It has taken me too long to write this review. My husband and I had a delightful two night stay at this wonderful inn last fall. We enjoyed every minute of our stay and the food and hospitality could not have been better. It is a lovely, peaceful setting and the welcoming atmosphere is so appreciated. I strongly recommend that you schedule a visit at the Black's Fort Inn--you will be glad you did. Thanks Cindy!
Cindy, our lemon mint you gave us is thriving in our garden--thank you. We hope to come back soon.

Room Tip: We had the Waterfall Suite and it was very nice!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
The Martha Washington Inn and Spa
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 10 in Abingdon
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol

Been to Black's Fort Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!