“Great Night on the town!”

Rain Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 90 Restaurants in Abingdon
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Beautiful building with outdoor patio, very unique art/decor with a beautiful open bar and lounge area.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Great place to eat right before going to the Barter. We had the 6oz filet and the 10 oz ribeye - both were done as requested and were delicious! Sides complimented well and presentation was nice. Our server Jonathan was very pleasant and perfectly attentive - great timing on everything! Wine was good and blueberry cheesecake my wife had was the perfect ending! As for the negative reviews on price...any great steakhouse worth it's salt is going to be $20-30 a plate in my opinion!

1  Thank Timaay

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have eaten at a lot of over priced restaurants, and sometimes I don't mind forking over some big bucks, butt this time the result from my investment was not worth it. The food (Tennessee prosciutto), was okay, and the ambience was very cosmopolitan, but it was somewhat dark and the staff pretentious.

3  Thank CarolTCK
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I've eaten there twice and each time it was supreme! I am a vegetarian , trust me it is hard to find a good place to eat. Rain caters to both vegetarians & those who are carnivorous (which all my dining partners usually are). The last time I had the stuffed egg plant. It was fabulous. My daughter had the filet mignon she said it was,"like butter". Everything was great, the chef is very talented and imaginative and service was top notch.

1  Thank Carolyn Y
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Imagine feeling like you're dining in downtown LA right in the heart of a historic town in Virginia. Rain is a fantastic dining experience. The food and service are excellent. I had an incredible stuffed chicken with fig and brie cheese, apples, and apple cider jus. It was served with a unique combination of Anson Mills grits and broccolini. $20 and well worth every bite. Had the maple crust apple pie with caramel sauce and cinnamon Chantilly cream. Heavenly. Very attentive and knowledgeable wait staff. Highly recommended by Martha Washington Inn staff. Will definitely return on next visit.

1  Thank RomanticRealist
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Yum! Cool atmosphere. The older male bartender is kind of rude but the female is so attentive and friendly. Seriously, get the soup. The salads are aces, too.

1  Thank Selena T