“Delicious Dinner”

Rain Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 95 Restaurants in Abingdon
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Beautiful building with outdoor patio, very unique art/decor with a beautiful open bar and lounge area.
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We stumbled upon Rain by accident while traveling through Abington on our way to Tennessee. We had the Ahi Tuna, and Shrimp and Grits. The food was great and the atmosphere and service were just as nice. We had such a nice time that we stopped again on our way back later that week.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Rain is absolutely my favorite restaurant in Abingdon, which is saying something since Abingdon has some amazing restaurants. The service is always perfect, food served hot and fresh, and the menu is to die for. I don't eat a ton of red meat but I will eat the filet at Rain every time I'm there. It's just that good. I also love the rosemary linguine and the fried eggplant and mozzarella. You really can't go wrong at Rain!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Outstanding food and service. By far one of the best ahi tuna dishes I've had! My husband loved the salmon as well. We will definitely be back soon. It's worth the 1.5 hour drive for us to get there.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

While in Abington for a play we had lunch. Our waiter, John, was friendly and engaging. A Tuesday and not busy but clean and very pretty. We enjoyed a glass of wine with delicious fresh trout and butternut squash soup. Dessert was hot apple pie with homemade ice cream and caramel sauce. Enjoyed!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Lunch was so good we might go back for dinner. Wife loved the butternut squash soup.
Trout was very fresh and cooked perfectly.
Great deserts as well.