“On the road”

Milano's Italian Cuisine
Ranked #23 of 95 Restaurants in Abingdon
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We were on the road looking for a good place for lunch/early dinner. We found Milano's on the internet. It had good reviews so we got off the highway and stopped in. The food was great. The waitress was wonderful. She was very helpful with the menu and directions back to the highway, since the closest exit was closed. If we are ever back in the area, we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped here to get something other than fast food or chain restaurant food, when traveling North to see our grandkids.
It is located in a shopping center & is set up sort of like a diner & not an Italian restaurant. (It's all booths, no tables). There is no liquor, but you can bring in your own wine.(not sure about a corking fee).
My husband had the lasagna & I had the tortellini. Both were very good!! The staff was pleasant, too.
We would go back here as an alternative to the regular highway food!!

1  Thank Rainydear
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I arrived with my church group on our way to a mission trip and were told we could eat outside. Because we were then classified as "takeout" customers, they would not give us napkins nor cups or plates to eat our food or drink the coke which I bought out of their cooler. They charged me $2 per sleeve of cups and handed me 3 paper plates for the 20 of us to eat. They denied my kids napkins when they went in to ask for some. We spent over $100 on pizza and Stromboli and were treated this way. I kind of looked at them in disbelief before paying for the cups (I did not want to make a scene in front of the kids). The pizza was greasy as was the Stromboli and not worth a return even if they were to treat us as customers next time. Find better pizza and much better treatment elsewhere.

1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Passing through on s hiking trip with friends. Very nice, fast & good service, Greek dressing is very good.

1  Thank hallercf
Reviewed 8 July 2017

We ate here on July 5, 2017 for lunch. I ordered the sampler platter which came with a salad. My salad had water in the bottom of the bowl and when my sampler platter came there was water under my spaghetti and the taste just wasn't very good. My husband had the chicken alfredo with a salad and his salad also had water in it and his alfredo tasted bland. Our waitress was not good at all. There were three other tables in the restaurant so we should not have had to wait for refills, which we had to ask for, and we hardly ever saw her, so when it was time to leave, we had to go up front for another waitress to find her. We never saw the bill, and I am very certain that we were over charged because my husbands entree was on the lunch menu. We were so over it that we just paid what she rang up and left. We will never visit this restaurant again. I guess we should have realized the type of service and food it had when it was empty at lunch time during a holiday week. Lesson Learned.