“Great breakfast”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
Hedgesville, West Virginia
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed just one night here while traveling through on 81. Was impressed by breakfast-sausage gravy and biscuits, bacon, sausage, waffle maker, and other standard breakfast fare. Better than most. Not a ton of seating but we were early so we were fine. Only cons: old style comforters which should be replaced with white duvets. No exhaust fan in bathroom.
Kids used the pool, which is small and got crowded, but kids didn't care. Our daughter left her very special stuffed animal there and we did not realize it until we were already at our next stop. Called and they kindly held it for almost a week until we passed back through on our way home.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
virginia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I pulled up all the information over the internet and decided on this hotel. I was traveling with another family (both of us have each have a very young child) so we decided to call to make reservations so we could ask if we could get adjoining rooms. The lady over the phone said "well, you never know, we do have them, but you may or may not get it, and sometimes you can make note of it, but it depends on the type of staff we have working when you get here, and I just want to know if you want to make the reservation online or over the phone." When I stated that I was a AAA member & choice member and I'd like to request adjoining rooms I was hoping that she might help me, but then said "well, you can if you want, but I don't know if you'll get it." I then asked if maybe I should just try another hotel in the area that might be able to better help us, she said "sure, I guess". WOW! Not such great customer service!! I would say that kind of set a bad "up front 1st impression" and I'm not sure that I would try staying there even though the price seemed good. Guess I'll be staying at a hotel down the road... too bad, they just lost two room reservations!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank meamaam
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 June 2014

Dryden, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a good hotel, good breakfast and would not have any problem, except for some reason they refuse to give you your points..I have been there a few months on business, got them straight once, now still haven't received in three weeks, nor does choice or hotel seem to want to do anything about it.. I have complained to both and to date, nothing resolved...desk people no help

Room Tip: Don't stay if you expect to get points... Lots of hotels in this area to choose from... Holiday...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Paulette C
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Paulette,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would like to apologize for the confusion on your choice points. I will personally take care of this matter, and will be contacting you soon. Hopefully, I will be able to resolve the issue with no complications. I will contact choice directly to get you your points. Again, thank you for making us aware of the issue, and also thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Kentucky
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Located on East Main Street just off I-81 at exit 19, this motel is very close to several restaurants and only a few minutes from downtown Abingdon. While not cheap, it is affordable. Comparing it to the Comfort Inn on the other end of town, since both are Choice Hotels, the Quality Inn is slightly higher, has slightly larger rooms, newer furnishings (in our room), and has a slightly larger bathroom. Other than that, both were comfortable but had small issues. In our room, the TV cabinet would not stay closed unless one handle was turned across the other. The most annoying problem was the room AC unit. It blew constantly, but when its compressor kicked on and off, it would wake a light-to-medium sleeper. Imagine Wahhhr-wahr-wahr (continue for 30 seconds...) k-whuh! Now repeat this every two minutes or so through the night. If it were not for the AC noise, I could see giving the this motel another point on my rating, because the breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: There is a Dunk & Deli restaurant across their parking lot, with a seafood place just beyond tha...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KentuckyHighlander
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall. We are terribly sorry about the AC unit. We will take a look at the unit and most likely just replace it. Thank you for your honesty, and we are in the process of making a few changes within the hotel. May even change a few items on our breakfast. Again, I would like to apologize for the AC issues, and still hope to see you again. Thank you.
Corydon, Indiana
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed here during the NASCAR Spring Bristol race (it's about 20-25 minutes from the track). Unlike other hotels in the area, they didn’t jack up their prices ten-fold. While their rates were more expensive than usual (about twice the usual price), we got a large, clean, king room with a couch, fridge, and microwave. Excellent value for the money. Beautiful lobby, with the absolute BEST complimentary breakfast I’ve EVER had at a hotel. It may have been just for the Bristol Race Weekend, but they had grits, chicken patties, biscuits/gravy, cappuccino, waffles, bacon/sausage, hashbrowns, plus all the usual fruit/cereals/juices/pastries, etc. Only a few tables though, so get up early. Also, if you happen to miss breakfast, a Huddle House is within walking distance. As for parking, there’s plenty of it, but if you pull up directly to the front entrance, you won’t be able to access the front parking area. Instead, pull into the lot, go immediately to the left, park, then go in – otherwise, you’ll have to park to the side of the building. We had a king room with a couch the first two nights, decided to stay another night, and got a King Suite for our last night there. The rooms were very similar. The King Suite had a dividing wall between the bedroom and the couch and a TV in both areas – it seemed larger, but unless you want that dividing wall, you may want to opt for a regular King (with couch) because it would be cheaper. In addition, the suite we had was right over reception, which caused some noise issues. You also may want to bring your pillows because the bed only had 4 small square ones. However, none of this really detracted from our stay at all, and if we’re ever lucky enough to go to the Bristol race again, this Quality Inn will be my first choice of hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1108cor
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all the compliments. We tend not to raise our rates too much for race weekend; however, we do raise the rates somewhat. Our breakfast is one of our greatest amenities that all our guests love. Thank you again for writing a review.
Staunton, Virginia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I booked this hotel to go to a work conference for 5 days. When I checked in, they sent me to a room that still had hair in the sink, bed was unmade, that kind of thing, but was apparently marked as having been cleaned.I do admit that they put me in another clean room after. The rest of my stay was without incident and the breakfast and room were great. I booked in advance thru expedia and so prepaid. I went to check my credit card statement today and noticed that the Quality Inn had charged me another $500. Apparently expedia hasn't paid them, and they are holding MY credit card hostage until expedia pays, when I never signed any receipt that gave them permission to charge my credit card anything, let alone $500! I think this is quite a poor business practice. Shame on you for taking out your problem with expedia on a hard-working civil servant!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank lawyerchick2014
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review. We apologize for the misunderstanding about placing your card on hold; however, we do not charge your card whatsoever. We charge Expedia. Expedia gives us their personal credit card for your room. We have not charged your card or placed your card on hold. We actually do not have access to your personal credit card information. We would like to help you get to the bottom of this and help you receive your credit back. You may want to check with Expedia. If we can get more information from you we will do all we can to make sure the situation is resolved. We also apologize for the mistake we made by giving you a wrong room. It was a miscommunication between our staff. In the future, we will be more prepared. Please contact our facility so we can help you resolve the financial issue with your credit card. Again, we apologize and also want to thank you for writing a review.
East Windsor, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 March 2014

When I was booking a trip down South from New Jersey I wanted to find a convenient place to spend a night. I decided on stopping in Abingdon, VA. I had a number of choices of where to stay but decided to stay at the Quality Inn & Suites because I have stayed at other ones in the past and never had any issues. The Quality Inn & Suites in Abingdon was more money than a lot of the other hotels in Abingdon but I didn't let this sway my decision. Glad I didn't because it was definitely worth the money. I have stayed at a lot of different Quality Inn & Suites in many states and by far the one in Abingdon, VA was one of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen. I felt like I was staying at a 4 star hotel. The exterior and interior was appealing and so clean. The staff were very friendly. The rooms were clean and a pleasure to stay in. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel if you are ever traveling in the area and need a place to stay. It is worth the money. The place is so conveniently located off the highway.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of our hotel. We are glad to hear you had an exceptional experience. We hope to see you again. Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
Comfort Inn
Hampton Inn Abingdon
#2 of 10 in Abingdon
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Abingdon, VA

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!