“A new experience, and unexpected!”

Abingdon Olive Oil Company
Ranked #2 of 14 Shopping in Abingdon
More attraction details
Owner description: A tasting gallery and shop featuring over 52 varieties of the freshest organic, extra virgin, and naturally fused and infused olive oils from around the world. Experiment with your taste buds as you pair olive oils with balsamic vinegars, or our 18-year aged balsamic condimento from Modena, Italy. Yum! We also offer gifts of the mountains by local artists: one-of-a-kind baguette and “Cut the Cheese” boards by Katherine Clark, and gorgeous signature servingware by potter, Debbie Grim. Now available for sale through the holidays, French Linen Napkins and French Linen Tea Towels imported from Provence, Italy. They are Gorgeous!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A new experience, and unexpected!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stopped in thinking we'd just look around at the different olive oils, and vinegars. Boy were we surprised. We walked in and were greeted, and shown around and given a tasting. The staff were so knowledgable of their products, and that was nice. We went home with 2 oils, and 2 vinegars! Can't wait to try them!!

Visited May 2014

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“What a neat place!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This is the neatest little shop, full of delicious balsamic vinaigrettes and olive oils from all over the world. They have olive oils infused with everything from limes to basil to chocolate and all kinds of different fresh balsamics. We were delighted by Penny, who was more of a host and expert than salesperson. I would definitely recommend going here and sampling all the goods!

Jonesborough, Tennessee
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Neat shop - Wonderful tasting experience”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

If you come to Abingdon, you don't want to miss this shop. You have the opportunity to taste every oil and vinegar they sell, and even better, they will pair the oils and vinegars for you so you get the full experience! Flavor abounds!! Bring your wallet because you'll want to leave with several oils and vinegars to take home in order to wow your friends and guests the next time you entertain.

Visited April 2014
Blacksburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I love Abingdon Olive Oil Company”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Stopped in during a visit to Abingdon to go antiquing. Walked out with two bottles of oil and two bottles of vinegar. I'll never want to buy store bought again. The customer service is great. This place really is a must see and do experience in Abingdon!

Adelaide, South Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“A classy and helpful store”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

When friends from Nashville suggested that during a one day stay in Abingdon I should make an effort to visit this business I was a little dubious. It sells olive oil - what could be exciting about that?
Well my friend's recommendations until that time had been very good so I thought I should at least do them the courtesy of making a visit. I AM GLAD I DID!
I have never seen such a range of oils and so many different infusions and so many vinegars in one place. Not only the range was impressive but the staff and their knowledge and advice was excellent, the system for tasting was excellent and their helpfulness was outstanding. When I indicated that I wouldn't be purchasing anything as I would be travelling for some time and would then be returning to Australia they simply asked for my email address with a promise that they would find out all the requirements for sending product to me at home. Within days the details arrived and I expect to place an order very shortly.
An excellent place for anyone with any interest in food to visit.

Visited September 2013

Been to Abingdon Olive Oil Company? Share your experiences!