“Thumbs up”

Red Roof Inn Abingdon
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have paid more for way less in accommodations. I like the view from the room, mountains in the distance and just far enough from the interstate to hear a distant hum- perfect for me, it lulls me to sleep. I don't see anything lacking, I see a hair dryer and even the tissue box is full which is unusual since most hotels have only three left in the holder. The climate control works fast, and has a barely audible purr when running, it's been an hour now and it hasn't had the need to kick on. Fair water pressure, internet service is very good. I'm ready to call it a night.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie_Marie_T

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Pretty sure I will not stay here again. I guess you get what you pay for meaning price is cheap so was the room. The room was big we had a room with king bed. The bldg is just old. I could not sleep because the dead bolt on our door would not lock it looked like someone had tried to break in the door and messed it up. We had to put a towel at the bottom of the door because there was a space that bugs and stuff could come in or cold air. I will not stay here again would rather pay more money and get something better. The bed was not comfortable at all. It was just a cheap hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Broncos18
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Very good value for the money. It was a very clean, safe room in a good location. The breakfast was adequate - cereal, toast, waffles. The biggest complaint is the threadbare towels - they really should replace them.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chuckhollywood
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the value I received during my one night stay at Americas Best Value Inn in Abingdon. The room was large, clean, had a coffee pot, microwave, refrigerator, blow dryer, and a nice shower massager. The beds were firm, although they made a plastic creeking noise every time we turned over! Breakfast consisted of waffles or cereal, coffee, juice, toast and fresh apples. It was okay, but for the price, you get a lot for your dollar. I would stay here again when traveling with my dog. It was only one of three hotels that accepted pets in Abingdon during this busy Fall tourist season.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Regina W
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Was a little leery given it was the one of the least expensive hotels in the area and its dated appearance, but it was clean as a whistle. Interior furnishings are dated, stuck in the 90s, but who really cares when the bathroom glistens, bedspread appears to be laundered, bath sink mirror, microwave & small frig are spotless and carpet is clean. Thought this might end up to be a grungy truckers stop... Mad props to the cleaning staff! It was definitely a good value for the price. We did not take advantage of the continental breakfast because Cracker Barrel was next door. Easy on & off access to I81. We got a non-smoking room.Don't judge a book by its cover. Seemed to be in a very safe area.

Room Tip: No elevator if you need one. Our Non smoking room was on second floor walk up, a non-issue for us...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed 6 October 2013

After riding the Virginia creeper and deciding to stay in town for the night we picked this place due to good reviews and very reasonable prices. As other reviews say it is not the most up to date place but the rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Only complaint I had was the continental breakfast. the glasses was one step away from a plastic shot glass. I would stay here again without a second thought though.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband and I were searching for a place to stay when traveling back from Northeast Pa Since it was football season we could not stay at our usual place. I found this place on Tripadvisor and was very leary of it simply because of the low price. When we arrived to check in my husband and I saw the outside and said probably not a place that we would usually stay but we have reservation and we are going to give it a try. Boy am I glad that we did. The nice people allowed us to check in early. When we pulled up to our room the man was just finishing cleaning. What a pleasant surprise we found when we walked into the room. It was just as nice as the Quality Inn that we had stayed in a few nights before. Really loved the huge back grassy area that we could take our year old puppy out in and let him get some exercise. Also it was nice to have Cracker Barrel and Burger King within walking distance and a gas station. There is also a pizza place right there. Thanks for giving us a great place to stay at such a wonderful price. Will def. be back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 01Salty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
#8 of 10 in Abingdon
#5 of 14 in Bristol
Super 8 Abingdon VA
Super 8 Abingdon VA
#6 of 10 in Abingdon

Been to Red Roof Inn Abingdon? Share your experiences!