“Wonderful Brisket ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visit Abingdon a couple times each year. We have tried several of the local restaurants. This was one of our favorites! The beef brisket is delicious and obviously slow smoked which you can see from the smoke rings. The cornbread cakes are amazing and the collard greens were the best I've ever had!

1  Thank Harold U
There are newer reviews for Bone Fire Smokehouse

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We ate there last night and the food was great!! I couldn't eat all of my food, portions were more than enough. The only complaint I had was the air conditioning was not working that well and it got rather warm. I will be going back and hope the air conditioning is fixed!!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed in town two nights to look around town and see a show at Barter Theatre. Read about this place in our hotel room so we tried it. Pub style restaurant and bar. Nothing fancy but nice. Hubby had the pulled pork plate and I had the ribs. All was good except the coleslaw. It was a little blah for me. I asked for some lemon slices to zip it up. Also a very small portion. Service was fine, not hovering. We'd probably go back when in the area.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We held our college graduation dinner for our son here this past weekend. The food was great! Some of the best BBQ I've ever had, and that's saying a lot. Tender brisket, juicy pulled pork, fall off the bone ribs. And the sides were great too. Love the fried corn fritters and the awesome grit cakes. Sauce bar was kind of unique too. No problems with food. Service was a little slow, but we did have a large group and they were trying to bring it out together, so no great problem there. I used to come to this place when it was the Hardware Co. back in the day. Looks like the décor has not changed since then. Needs some restoration, paint and work on the vent system (too smoky inside). I would definitely recommend you eat here, but they have got to do some work on it. PS - Start with a better sign. The old sign is more recognizable than the new.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Plentiful servings, more than average person can eat. Prompt service. Great taste and a unique selection of BBQ sauces.