“Great lunch.”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped at Bone Fire and I learned a lesson. When you combine two of your favorite foods, it gets even better. I had a fried green tomato BLT. That just sounds good, and it was. Also try the corn muffin fritters. Everything we had was good.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

In town for a play at the Barter, and went walking about town for a place to eat. We passed Bone Fire and decided to give it a try. Sat at a side table near the bar, and ordered baby back ribs and chicken, both were nicely flavored and cooked perfectly. They have a large assortment of sauces and I recommend the blueberry habanero! I had a couple of drafts from a decent list of beers on tap as well as the corn fritters! The food was exceptional, the service was excellent, and the atmosphere was pleasant.
I will be back …. Soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I arranged a dinner for a group and although they don't take reservations for small parties, they do accommodate larger groups so call ahead and they will take care of you.

We had 16+ people and arrived on time (7pm on a Friday). We waited just a couple of minutes before being led to an upstairs room where we had plenty of room for our group and nobody else was seated there.

The staff did a good job of keeping the orders straight and providing prompt service which can be difficult with groups, especially when removed from the main dining area as we were.
They started us off with a couple complimentary orders of the fried pickle chip appetizers. Outstanding for the bonus and they were very good too!

I ordered the brisked platter. After a few minutes the server came back and told those of us who had ordered brisket that they were out. I was disappointed since that's what I really wanted but I switched to the pulled pork. It was very good even it not what I had been craving.
I had the baby bakers (good) and collard greens (very good) as sides.
Everyone around me seemed to enjoy what they had ordered and I'd like to come back to try some other offerings.

The food was very good but the staff and the way we were treated made this an even better experience. I'll definitely plan a return visit when we come to Abingdon as a group again later this year.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is a great place to get a good meal and not pay a fortune. It was a last minute choice to go eat and we weren't disappointed. All sorts of smoked meats with a large selection of vegetables. The ribs and pulled pork were delicious. I would highly recommend this spot

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Unique side items that are absolutely fabulous. Best beef brisket ever eaten. Wonderful ribs and pork with a variety of sauces for dipping. Diverse beer on tap. Definitely a must try if in the area!