“Birthday luncheon for two”
Review of 128 Pecan

128 Pecan
Ranked #2 of 95 Restaurants in Abingdon
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Soups and salads yummie and fresh. Chocolate espresso bread pudding with a candle atop made the meal. Our server, Matt, made the experience memorable.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived with the other pre-theater lunch crowd. I was confused with the small lobby/bar/waiting area and the servers who were squeezing their way through with food for outside patio guests. The staff was friendly and the bathroom clean. We didn't wait too long but then saw our table for 2 squeezed into a tiny room with a group of 8 women having a party. We felt very much like an intruder. Our waiter was very accommodating, but not much ambiance for our lunch. Food was average. Maybe dinner is better but for us not sure what the fuss is all about.

1  Thank Pamela O
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Although my wife and I have been in Abingdon a number of times to attend the theater, we had not eaten at this restaurant. We chose it because of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. After our dinner there, we do not share the enthusiasm of many of the other reviewers. The restaurant is in an older house—unfortunately even though the décor could best be described as basic, it seems to be showing its age and could use some TLC both inside and out. I ordered lamb chops; my wife had the Cuban chicken breast special. The black bean soup was delicious, but otherwise the salad and the rice were the best part of both orders. The chicken was somewhat overdone. My lamb chops, though juicy, had little else to recommend them. The chef’s “take” on tzatziki could best be described as interesting. Our server was knowledgeable and attentive. We will not eat here again.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We had wonderful meal here. Four people all got four different entrees. Everyone was more than happy with their choices. I would definitely recommend eating here anytime I could.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I had a special, Cuban Chicken. It was good, but I was thinking Cuban should be black beans instead of the pinto beans they used. My husband had lamb chops, which he said were ordinary. The service was very good and our waitress worked very hard to keep me in lemons for my iced tea.

The thing I hated was the restaurant felt dirty. At 5PM, before it was even busy, the bathroom just felt dirty. I don't think the place you put your hand to open the door has been cleaned in years, the floor looked dirty, and the toilet had a ring in it. Many places on the trim looked that same dirty, as in never painted again. The whole bathroom needs a paint job, looks 10 years old, at least. Actually, the whole place needs a paint job.