“Overpriced and unfriendly”

Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Anthony's Desserts is a premium dessert company located in beautiful historic Abingdon, VA on main street. We offer premium desserts to our customers and local restaurants. You can find home made chocolates, cheesecakes, cakes, fudges, ice cream made on site, and even decorated cakes. If it's a sweet we can probably make it for your or your company. Stop by today! We believe you should Make It a Sweet Day!
Marion, Virginia
“Overpriced and unfriendly”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Saw these great reviews and just had to share my experience with Anthony's. Had stopped there several months ago, thinking I would pick up a last minute birthday treat for a friend. I choose a few small cakes in various flavors. I found Anthony to be very cold and unfriendly. He treated me as if he was doing me a favor by answering my questions regarding the flavors etc. Additionally I thought his prices were pretty high but I like to give small, local businesses a chance. The cakes turned out to be nothing special. My overall experience there was very negative. I will not be returning and will not and do not recommend Anthony's to any friend or co-worker

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Eleanor B
Brian D, Owner at Anthony's Desserts, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
We are sorry you had that experience. We hope you will try us again in the future. As you can see from the other reviews we strive to provide wonderful dessert experiences to all of our customers on every visit. We are by no means perfect and on occasion miss our mark for excellence and hope that our customers communicate with us and allow us to correct our mistakes. We do take pride in our desserts and would love for you to try us again. Thanks! We hope you have a Sweet Day!

“Delicious!!!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Delicious!! After having a last minute lunch around the corner, I had remembered seeing the reviews for Anthony's on Yelp and Trip Advisor. We swung in and I got a coffee and a small vanilla bean cheesecake. Absolutely wonderful experience! Clean, friendly and loved that the desserts were being made right in front of you. The cheesecake was exactly what I wanted...the coffee was a little weak for my taste but that wasn't what I was going there for anyway. I can't wait to go back and try some other things before we leave town.

2 Thank HollanBishop
“Great Cheesecake”
Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

All of the desserts look fantastic, the cheesecake was really amazing. Nice store front right on Main Street

“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Anthony's shop was immaculate, everything was spotless. The service was fantastic and Anthony was very helpful with descriptions of his desserts. You better get there early though, because when I arrived with my family the case was almost empty. This was no bother, as anything you try will be excellent. My fiancé and I are thinking about having Anthony create a dessert table for our wedding reception.

Elizabeth City, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yes, please.”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Looking over the case, I just wanted one of everything! :) Delicious, clean and friendly...what more could you want? AWESOMELY YUMMY

Visited December 2012