“Outstanding Service Adequate Food and Atmosphere”

JJ's Restaurant & Sports Bar
Ranked #6 of 95 Restaurants in Abingdon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Josh our server was helpful, respectful and attentive. There are two sides - sports bar and restaurant. The bar side has mostly high tables, it's dimly lit and louder. The restaurant side has adequate tables and chairs with some art on the walls. The staff are pleasant and friendly. The food was adequate and affordable. A pleasant place for singles, couples, or good buds. Not a first date place. Unless your date really appreciates an impressive array of craft beers, which I do! Just go and have fun.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I have had the grand opportunity to visit this establishment a few times now and every time has been nothing short of great. Great staff. Great food. Great prices. Best of both worlds. A Sports bar atmosphere on one side with plenty of tv's and a family style restuarant on the other side.
Now let's get to why we're really here. The food. If you leave hungry it is your fault. You didn't do what your momma told you. "Clean your plate." If you eat all the food they dish out your momma will be proud of you. Pulled pork nachos, smoked meat loaf, chicken livers, pulled pork plate and way to many more to mention.
Check them out. Then you can brag about them like I did.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

First time at JJ's after reading reviews on TA. They actually have two sides that you can choose to dine at. One side is a country style restaurant setting, and the other is a open area bar setting. We choose to sit on the sports bar side because of the many TVs in this area playing multiple sports. The food was good. I had the catfish sandwich. Fish was fried perfectly leaving a light and crispy texture with good flavor. I opted to get rice instead of the home made chips which were nothing special. The service was very good, prices were reasonable, and our party of six had a great time. The two cons I have were that the beer list was posted on a chalkboard in which you had to go over to see what the beer selection was. The other which is the dated and drab decor, which is what brings their "want to visit again' ranking down in my book. If I lived in Abingdon this would be a every now and then lunch spot, but probably wouldn't tag it a weekend out with friends fun spot or a date night getaway.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

My co-worker and I stopped in Abington for dinner on our way to Big Stone Gap. A valet driver from a nearby restaurant suggested it and gave us directions. What a great find. From the minute we arrived every employee we encountered was friendly. We had a ton of choices on the menu to choose from. I ordered the hot veggie sub and fries and my co-worker ordered the catfish platter with a salad. Our food came out pipping hot and plentiful. Both were delicious. We saw burgers going by that looked appetizing as well. Would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Great place for family or sports bar. Great staff owner is great to chat with. Bar area has lots of choices. The food is good. Very generous portions. You don't leave hungry.