“Great hotel, convenient location”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
Reviewed 15 February 2013

This is our 2nd stay at this property. Made reservations with another couple for Valentines night. Hotel in just a block away the Heartwood Regional Craft Center. Many nice restaurants within a few blocks including The Peppermill.

2 rooms, each with 2 king size beds were $100 each. Rooms were immaculate. Conveniences included electrical outlets and USB outlets on the desk for your smart phones, laptops, etc. Free wifi.

Breakfast was standard Quality Inn fare. Breakfast area was clean and the food replenished as needed.

Friendly staff who appeared genuinely interested that we were having a good time in Abingdon.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 244 which featured a beautiful view of the roof for the rest of the building. Othe...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed 7 February 2013

We have stayed in this hotel numerous times, but never again. We got there at 10pm with reservations. It was 19 degrees outside and there was no heat turned on in the room. They don't turn on the heat in order to save money, but they had our money whether we showed up or not, so why not turn on a little heat? We were freezing and had to immediately get under the covers. My husband wouldn't even watch TV because he didn't want to pull his arm out of the covers to change the channel. The heater is a dial heater, so we had it all the way up and finally at 2am I had to get up and turn it down. It took 4 hours to warm up the room! The main areas of the hotel look nice, but the room we had was run down. The curtain was torn, the picture was off the wall, the paint was splotchy on the walls, and the shower curtain rod had been pulled away. The desk attendant said the hotel had been recently renovated. I guess they forgot that room? One positive note, the breakfast was perfect. Just wanted everyone to know what you get (a good breakfast) or don't get (heat) for $97. I felt ripped off for that amount of money. There are plenty of other hotels to chose from in Abingdon.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank imnva
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My family and I got in around 11:00 on the evening of New Years Day. I asked the desk attendent if we could stay away from the elevator, and she accommodated our request. She told us that the staff usually warms the rooms up for their guests, so she'd need to go up there to turn on the heat since we were not scheduled to stay in the room we got (nice touch). The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. The next morning we woke up about 8:30 and remembered that breakfast is served from 6-9am. We walked downstairs to find a good amount of food, and the staff member there asked us if we wanted anything else (doughnuts, muffins, eggs, sausage, etc) since they were low on a few items. The staff was very kind, and it is likely we will stay there again because of the hospitality we were shown, the nice rooms, and the complimentary breakfast ... however, we'll have to remember to bring our swimsuits to use the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators and vending machines.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank R_Crew_4
Reviewed 27 November 2012

My husband and I were traveling back from our wedding when we stopped there for the night. When we left the hotel the next day, I forgot my wedding bouquet in our room. We called them later in the afternoon and asked them to find it for us. They were able to find the bouquet and arrange for them to ship it back to us. The staff was so wonderful in working with us and personally took the package to the UPS store so I can receive my bouquet. I am ever so grateful for them, it meant so much to us!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chishols
Reviewed 26 October 2012

My family of 5 spent the night here traveling from Alabama to West Virginia. We stayed in the 2 queen bed room and enjoyed the free breakfast the next morning. The room was large and the pull out couch was nice for our youngest son to have his own bed. The staff were very friendly and accomidating. The breakfast was above average and the attendant helped my children with suggestions and instruction during breakfast. We did not utilize the pool or workout area since we were only passing through, but it looked very nice and the entire property seemed very clean.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank wwilks
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Manager was very accomadating when we had a family emergency. We had to make a room change from two rooms down to one. The manager was very understanding and helpful. Thanks you so much! Nice hotel and great service, we were very happy with our accomadations.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I am writing to compliment the front desk staff and management. They were easy to talk to and assisted me with my reservations. They were prompt and followed through with return calls when needed. It was nice to have an easy experience over the phone because we made plans long distance. Very willing to accommodate my needs!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
Quality Inn & Suites
Courtyard Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
#2 of 13 in Bristol
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!