Comfort Suites
US$94
US$61
Hotels.com
Hampton Inn Abingdon(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$67
US$63
Red Roof
Fairfield Inn & Suites Abingdon(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
US$140
Hotels.com
Quality Inn & Suites(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
US$94
Travelocity
US$46
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
All reviewsindoor pool and hot tubsofa bedroom was cleanwafflesbiscuitsking suitemicrowave and refrigeratorstay there againwaffle makerthe breakfast areaconvenient locationfront desk clerklong drivecomplimentary breakfastsausage gravythe virginia creeper trailwonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I reserved a room about a month ago for a college visiting trip. On our drive to the location, I received an emergency call for me to go back to the office. I had to cancel my reservation for all the hotels on route. When I tried calling one of the other hotels, the clerk told me that I wouldn't be given any money back because it was an advanced purchase rental. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I called Comfort Suites. The manager, who was very understanding and accommodating, asked me to explain the situation to him, and then he returned our advanced purchase fees. If we have the chance to pass this town, I would definitely stop and stay at this Comfort Suites.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Well run property with very friendly and helpful staff.
Breakfast is slightly upscale from most Comfort Suites.
Exceptional indoor pool and hot tub,
Just off expressway but close to the cute little town with good restauants and northern end of Virginia Creeper bicycle trail.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I planned my trip in February, estimating how far we would get each day and making reservations for each stop.It worked out well until we realized today that we would only have a two hour drive to our next stop. The manager at Comfort Suites graciously waived the cancellation fee and allowed us to change our itinerary.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I had two rooms reserved through this property, I was told when I called to verify my reservations that both room could hold 4 adults. When checking into the rooms(being a choice employee) checked everything out. Yes the room was somewhat clean, however, in my and my grandmothers room we killed 2 spiders that night, in my parents room they killed one spider. Which I realize things happen. However, when I went to the front desk that night to tell the lady at the desk about the pull out couch being smaller than a twin size matress, and that it was very nasty with stains and just wore out, she would not switch my room, or apptempt to let me have another matress. When checking out the next morning the owner was very rude to me when telling him about my issues, he immedealtly called me a liar and says that he has had trouble with choice employees before... I did nothing but tell him that I did not enjoy my stay. He was very very rude and should not be considered an owner of a choice property, he even threatned to call the General Manager at the property I work at in North Carolina, and I told him if he felt like he needed to do that to go ahead, because I did nothing wrong. I was very frustrated and will NOT stay there again, or send anyone to that hotel. The only good thing about the property was the front desk clerk named marc, he was very sweet and helpful, maybe the owner needs some tips from him!

Room Tip: Please if you do stay here check your room first!
2  Thank kimberly r
Richard F, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. We work very hard to ensure that our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Comfort Suites in the area. I apologize about the misunderstanding regarding your room type and its occupancy and your issues with the room condition.

I appreciate that you "realize things happen." Guest comments are taken very seriously and provide the opportunity to rectify any and all issues in the stay and for our future guests of our hotel.

We have found that there are some acceptable limitations regarding the rooms and room types available under the employee discount program which may have contributed to some of the present misunderstanding, so I have forwarded this information along to Choice Hotels International to review these issues to educate all eligible employees. I view each of these issues as a learning experience by which we can improve our hotel and our guests' experience!

We value all guests - especially our Choice Hotels employees - we are all in this together! Hotel employees are some of the hardest workers that I know!

Thank you for your kind comments regarding Marc! He does provide some of the best customer service that I have seen to date!

I have sent you a private message. Please contact me at your convenience to discuss any other details of your experience!

Have a great day!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

On a Thursday evening, my husband was suddenly in need to rooms in Abingdon on Friday to accommodate a student study-tour requiring about a dozen rooms. After calling the hotel and reaching Mark, he said he would work with us and have the manager, Richard, phone me back shortly. Richard called back almost immediately and said that he would accommodate the group. When my husband's group arrived on Friday, both Mark and Richard were there to process the registrations. They could not have been more welcoming and accomodating. The hotel rooms were perfect, and the location is walking distance to tour sights in Abingdon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business