“Comfort Inn/Suites Delivers Again”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
NC
“Comfort Inn/Suites Delivers Again”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We arrived earlier than the stated check-in time due to our bike ride being rained out. We asked about the possibility of checking in early- about an hour and half- and were allowed to as the room was ready. This was very much appreciated. The room was clean, the air conditioner worked well and the bed was comfy. There was one minor issue in the bathroom-the caps on the back of the toilet seat that cover the screws were missing. Thus there was a small build up of dirt, cleaning materials and so on. Nothing major-but a VERY easy fix. The fridge in the room was top notch and spacious. There was a nice view from our room-large farm area complete with cows. The hotel is back off the main road so there is not a noise/traffic issue.

The only disappointing part of our stay was the breakfast buffet. It was not fully stocked, therefore we had to wait for items to be brought out-i.e. eggs, yogurt, and so on. And they did not have bacon or sausage links-just sausage patties. It did not seem overly busy at the time so I am not sure why there was an issue. However, on a good note, when I needed aluminum foil to cover up some dinner leftovers to pack for trip home the person in the kitchen was very accommodating!

My partner and I plan on returning again to hit the Virginia Creeper Trail again, so we will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcia S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Alabaster, Alabama
Reviewed 31 August 2013

After looking forward to a 15 day motorcycle vacation heading to Maine from Alabama we experienced a medical emergency - cervical disc compression. We had to scurry to cancel hotel reservations but discovered the deadline for Comfort Suites in Abingdon, VA had passed , last night. The general Manager, Mr. Frye was very nice when I explained our situation. He showed compassion and concern for us and agreed to cancel our reservation without charge. He did not have to, because it is specifically in their written policy. I am so grateful. Often people use Trip Advisor to complain. I wanted to spread the GOOD news, for a change. When we are able to take our trip we will definitely be staying at Comfort Suites. I look forward to meeting Richard Frye. He surely is a man of character!!!

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Helen R
Tennessee
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Our room was oversized and quite comfortable and quiet. Prices for the event were elevated. One morning there was no meat, just in the gravy. I like the choice hotel chains but the breakfasts really need a little upgrade. The staff was very accommodating. Overall, a good place to stay in Abingdon.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night although I'm a Hilton Honors member (Hampton Inn was full). The rate was excellent for the spacious room, and Peggy (front desk staff) was so nice and friendly. The room did have some cleanliness issues (stained furniture) and the bathroom floor needed to be swept, but the bed, toilet, and bathtub were very clean. I do recommend this hotel and would stay here again. I didn't have time to enjoy the complimentary breakfast, but it looked like there were several hot and cold food options.

• Stayed August 2013
Clarksburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on a trip through the area. We read previous reviews which were mixed, prior to staying.

Unfortunately, our experience concurs with the more negative.

Furnishings are dated and well worn. Stains on couch. Numerous scratches and chips on the outdated furnishings.
Lighting was dim.

Although the carpet was nice, once morning light arrived, it was obvious only a half hearted effort was given to cleaning it, as dust and debris were easily seen along the edges of walls.
As previous reviews have posted, we found spiders, flies and ants in our room.
Although it is easy to understand a fly or ant gaining access to the room after they've been cleaned, I don't believe this is the case here, because the spiders have been here a while and appear to have settled in for the long haul. I found webs from ceiling to curtain, from sprinkler to ceiling and lots around the a/c unit and corners of room near furniture. I will post pictures.

The next time we are passing by, we will definitely pass by this hotel. There are far too many in the vicinity to pay $100+ for these accommodations.
My recommendation is that other travelers do the same, until which time upgrades and housekeeping training can be done here.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Brennon O
Stephenson, Virginia
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend with our daughter's softball team during the Va. state tournament. Richard and his staff were great! They went above and beyond to make our stay very relaxing and enjoyable. Our girls enjoyed the indoor pool, hot tub and hanging out as a team. We were able to have a team pizza party out in the back parking lot too! I would highly recommend this hotel. We have been involved with travel softball for over 10 years and have stayed at many hotels. This one definitely ranks as one of the best! Many thanks to Richard and his staff!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Richard, the General Manager, was very kind when I had to cancel a reservation due to the death of a friend. Although my reservation was non-refundable, Richard refunded it anyway. I appreciated his professionalism and kindness at such an emotional time. Thank you!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
Quality Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
#2 of 13 in Bristol

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!