“Hotel cancellation”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Abingdon
Roanoke, Virginia
“Hotel cancellation”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

As a business traveler, I had to cancel a reservation at this Comfort Suites at the last minute due to a change of plans outside of my control. Since I was outside of the hotel's cancellation policy,
my credit card was charged. I called the front desk and talked to Richard Frye, who was very professional and understanding, and had alot of experience dealing with road travelers on business. Richard said he would do what he could to get those charges reversed. Because of the pleasant manner he handled this, I would not hesitate to book at this Comfort Suites again.
John LaRosa
Roanoke, VA.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Danville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2013

On October 5th, my husband & I travelled to Marion, Virginia, to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday. We were looking forward to spending time with several other family members who also had reservations at Comfort Suites in Abingdon, Virginia. My husband who is diabetic checked his blood sugar level that evening & discovered it was dangerously high. He, of course, had his insulin with him but could not find the needles for his syringe. Since it was a weekend he was unable to contact his physician to get a prescription for the needles. We decided it was in his best interest to cut our visit short & go home where he had more needles. When I contacted Comfort Suites & spoke to Richard Frye, he was very understanding of our situation since he has family members who are also diabetic & agreed to cancel our reservation even though it was after the 4:00 deadline to cancel. We were so thankful to Mr. Frye as we are senior citizens on a fixed budget. Would we stay at Comfort Suites when in the area again? Thanks to Mr. Frye, You bet we will!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Carol E
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have to say that his was a nice hotel in a nice location. I was not overly impressed by the staff or the customer service (other than the lady working the morning I checked out). I was concerned by how the situation was handled when I went to the front desk to buy something from their market place. I had done so the first night with no issue in presenting a different credit card. I then attempted the same thing the next day only to be told that he could not put it on that card and it would have to go on the hotel bill. Either way it was NOT an issue, I just feel a little more training could be done in how to handle the situation.
The room was amazing,clean, spacious.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Timickus
NC
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We arrived earlier than the stated check-in time due to our bike ride being rained out. We asked about the possibility of checking in early- about an hour and half- and were allowed to as the room was ready. This was very much appreciated. The room was clean, the air conditioner worked well and the bed was comfy. There was one minor issue in the bathroom-the caps on the back of the toilet seat that cover the screws were missing. Thus there was a small build up of dirt, cleaning materials and so on. Nothing major-but a VERY easy fix. The fridge in the room was top notch and spacious. There was a nice view from our room-large farm area complete with cows. The hotel is back off the main road so there is not a noise/traffic issue.

The only disappointing part of our stay was the breakfast buffet. It was not fully stocked, therefore we had to wait for items to be brought out-i.e. eggs, yogurt, and so on. And they did not have bacon or sausage links-just sausage patties. It did not seem overly busy at the time so I am not sure why there was an issue. However, on a good note, when I needed aluminum foil to cover up some dinner leftovers to pack for trip home the person in the kitchen was very accommodating!

My partner and I plan on returning again to hit the Virginia Creeper Trail again, so we will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcia S
Alabaster, Alabama
Reviewed 31 August 2013

After looking forward to a 15 day motorcycle vacation heading to Maine from Alabama we experienced a medical emergency - cervical disc compression. We had to scurry to cancel hotel reservations but discovered the deadline for Comfort Suites in Abingdon, VA had passed , last night. The general Manager, Mr. Frye was very nice when I explained our situation. He showed compassion and concern for us and agreed to cancel our reservation without charge. He did not have to, because it is specifically in their written policy. I am so grateful. Often people use Trip Advisor to complain. I wanted to spread the GOOD news, for a change. When we are able to take our trip we will definitely be staying at Comfort Suites. I look forward to meeting Richard Frye. He surely is a man of character!!!

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Helen R
Tennessee
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Our room was oversized and quite comfortable and quiet. Prices for the event were elevated. One morning there was no meat, just in the gravy. I like the choice hotel chains but the breakfasts really need a little upgrade. The staff was very accommodating. Overall, a good place to stay in Abingdon.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night although I'm a Hilton Honors member (Hampton Inn was full). The rate was excellent for the spacious room, and Peggy (front desk staff) was so nice and friendly. The room did have some cleanliness issues (stained furniture) and the bathroom floor needed to be swept, but the bed, toilet, and bathtub were very clean. I do recommend this hotel and would stay here again. I didn't have time to enjoy the complimentary breakfast, but it looked like there were several hot and cold food options.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
Quality Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
#2 of 13 in Bristol

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!