Comfort Suites
US$94
US$61
Hotels.com
Hampton Inn Abingdon(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$67
US$63
Red Roof
Fairfield Inn & Suites Abingdon(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
US$140
Hotels.com
Quality Inn & Suites(Abingdon)(Great Value!)
US$94
Travelocity
US$46
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
All reviewsindoor pool and hot tubsofa bedroom was cleanwafflesbiscuitsking suitemicrowave and refrigeratorstay there againwaffle makerthe breakfast areaconvenient locationfront desk clerklong drivecomplimentary breakfastsausage gravythe virginia creeper trailwonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The motel was Very nice & we had a Great time in Abingdon. It was spacious, we were given a room on a ground floor, which was Great. TV was great, internet had one snafu & I got that corrected, breakfast area was nice. But . . . We were in a Handicap room, Bathroom had NO place to put our toiletries, but we made do, when I opened the drawer on the computer desk, it literally fell out in my lap, & the bed - it was NOT up to standards of ANY Comfort Suites we had stayed in previously over the last 6 years! It was Soft & spongy. Breakfast menu was very much lacking, & the first morning, the biscuits were dry(no gravy this day) & the only bananas they had out were All Green. The lady who worked behind the desk on days was very nice & helpful as was the man who worked what I would call the mid-shift. However, the man behind the desk on the day of our check out, seemed like he could care less about my 3 minor complaints & basically told me we should look elsewhere next time we come up there, which we will! I will NOT stay at this Comfort Suites again. The Quality Inn we stayed at the night before in Dandridge, TN was 5 times nicer & had a Much better breakfast selection than this motel did!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

As a business traveler, I had to cancel a reservation at this Comfort Suites at the last minute due to a change of plans outside of my control. Since I was outside of the hotel's cancellation policy,
my credit card was charged. I called the front desk and talked to Richard Frye, who was very professional and understanding, and had alot of experience dealing with road travelers on business. Richard said he would do what he could to get those charges reversed. Because of the pleasant manner he handled this, I would not hesitate to book at this Comfort Suites again.
John LaRosa
Roanoke, VA.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John L
Reviewed 6 October 2013

On October 5th, my husband & I travelled to Marion, Virginia, to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday. We were looking forward to spending time with several other family members who also had reservations at Comfort Suites in Abingdon, Virginia. My husband who is diabetic checked his blood sugar level that evening & discovered it was dangerously high. He, of course, had his insulin with him but could not find the needles for his syringe. Since it was a weekend he was unable to contact his physician to get a prescription for the needles. We decided it was in his best interest to cut our visit short & go home where he had more needles. When I contacted Comfort Suites & spoke to Richard Frye, he was very understanding of our situation since he has family members who are also diabetic & agreed to cancel our reservation even though it was after the 4:00 deadline to cancel. We were so thankful to Mr. Frye as we are senior citizens on a fixed budget. Would we stay at Comfort Suites when in the area again? Thanks to Mr. Frye, You bet we will!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Carol E
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have to say that his was a nice hotel in a nice location. I was not overly impressed by the staff or the customer service (other than the lady working the morning I checked out). I was concerned by how the situation was handled when I went to the front desk to buy something from their market place. I had done so the first night with no issue in presenting a different credit card. I then attempted the same thing the next day only to be told that he could not put it on that card and it would have to go on the hotel bill. Either way it was NOT an issue, I just feel a little more training could be done in how to handle the situation.
The room was amazing,clean, spacious.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Timickus
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We arrived earlier than the stated check-in time due to our bike ride being rained out. We asked about the possibility of checking in early- about an hour and half- and were allowed to as the room was ready. This was very much appreciated. The room was clean, the air conditioner worked well and the bed was comfy. There was one minor issue in the bathroom-the caps on the back of the toilet seat that cover the screws were missing. Thus there was a small build up of dirt, cleaning materials and so on. Nothing major-but a VERY easy fix. The fridge in the room was top notch and spacious. There was a nice view from our room-large farm area complete with cows. The hotel is back off the main road so there is not a noise/traffic issue.

The only disappointing part of our stay was the breakfast buffet. It was not fully stocked, therefore we had to wait for items to be brought out-i.e. eggs, yogurt, and so on. And they did not have bacon or sausage links-just sausage patties. It did not seem overly busy at the time so I am not sure why there was an issue. However, on a good note, when I needed aluminum foil to cover up some dinner leftovers to pack for trip home the person in the kitchen was very accommodating!

My partner and I plan on returning again to hit the Virginia Creeper Trail again, so we will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple