“Outstanding Stay with Many Positives ”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

My entire family of four stayed for three days. Remodeled rooms, clean and good amenities for the price. Nice in door pool. Good staff that were responsible and capable. OK breakfast. I will stay here again on my next visit.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Kate M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for your kind review!!

We are always happy to see our guests leave us happy and rested! We train our staff to make you feel like the Comfort Suites in Abingdon is a home away from home! Can't wait till you come back!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I've been coming to Abingdon, VA for decades, and have stayed at several motels - but this Comfort Suites was easily the best place I've ever stayed in this area. The location was easy to find - and near everything. This staff was polite and attentive. The room was clean, large, and modern. The bed slept great... and the hot breakfast had waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy, potatoes, etc.

Maybe my favorite thing was the heated indoor pool & hot tub. So many times these things are either not working right or too cold in January --- but not here. They were perfect. My wife & I loved it - and will certainly be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kate M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review!

I was so excited to see how happy you were about the hotel. We strive to make every guest feel just as you did when leaving the hotel and I am thrilled that we have succeeded! I will be looking for you next time you come through Abingdon. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the years but the last couple times haven't been all that great. I'm really wondering if they are changing the sheets after each guest. I would always get doubles and one would look like someone has slept in it. Plus there would be hair all in the bed. The floors aren't vacuumed that well either.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Kate M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you for your review.

I am not exactly certain what is going on with your recent stays. We work hard to clean the rooms after every guest and I can guarantee that we change the sheets after each guest departs. I certainly hope that you will give us a chance in the future to win you over again like we did when you first started staying with us!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was the last hotel we booked on a 9 day cross country trip with our two adult kids. I reserved a 2 queen bed suite for 109.00 per night plus tax on Booking.com. When I arrived, they had our reservation, but told me the rate would be 129.00. Then when they saw we had 2 other people, they added another 20.00. By the time we checked out, our bill was 166.00 which included $9 for 2 sodas and 2 bottles of water. The desk clerk was consulting with a man who was later identified as the owner, so the owner right then and there had the opportunity to rectify the price, but chose to play dumb. We were tired, it was dark and raining outside -- we should have taken our business elsewhere. The desk clerk had the audacity to say that we should "never reserve on the internet -- that you get the best rate dealing directly with the hotel at the desk"!!!! I know for a fact, that usually the opposite is correct. They refused to honor my AAA card or my AARP card. I am a Choice Points card holder, so they will be receiving a letter of complaint at this hotel's predatory rates and false advertising. I re-looked up the double queen rate while in the hotel and it read $109.00 for a double queen suite which could accommodate up to 5 people. We were a total of 4. Not one other hotel in our entire journey charged us for our 2 extra adult kids. Also the towels were basically thrown into the bathroom -- not hung neatly or with special folding and there was a horrible yellow stain on the first hand towel. I will never be staying at this hotel again, you can be sure. If you don't pay ahead online, you can be sure to be ripped off when you arrive, so be prepared to walk to the Comfort Inn and Suites which is across the road. (The hotels have similar names not to be confused/they are 2 different hotels).

Room Tip: Check your room first -- if it's dirty, report it right away so you don't get stuck with the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Lili R
Kate M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

I was terribly sorry to see that you were unhappy with your stay at our hotel. We strive to make all the guests feel as comfortable and "at home" as possible.

Thank you for your review. All feedback is helpful.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The motel was Very nice & we had a Great time in Abingdon. It was spacious, we were given a room on a ground floor, which was Great. TV was great, internet had one snafu & I got that corrected, breakfast area was nice. But . . . We were in a Handicap room, Bathroom had NO place to put our toiletries, but we made do, when I opened the drawer on the computer desk, it literally fell out in my lap, & the bed - it was NOT up to standards of ANY Comfort Suites we had stayed in previously over the last 6 years! It was Soft & spongy. Breakfast menu was very much lacking, & the first morning, the biscuits were dry(no gravy this day) & the only bananas they had out were All Green. The lady who worked behind the desk on days was very nice & helpful as was the man who worked what I would call the mid-shift. However, the man behind the desk on the day of our check out, seemed like he could care less about my 3 minor complaints & basically told me we should look elsewhere next time we come up there, which we will! I will NOT stay at this Comfort Suites again. The Quality Inn we stayed at the night before in Dandridge, TN was 5 times nicer & had a Much better breakfast selection than this motel did!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

As a business traveler, I had to cancel a reservation at this Comfort Suites at the last minute due to a change of plans outside of my control. Since I was outside of the hotel's cancellation policy,
my credit card was charged. I called the front desk and talked to Richard Frye, who was very professional and understanding, and had alot of experience dealing with road travelers on business. Richard said he would do what he could to get those charges reversed. Because of the pleasant manner he handled this, I would not hesitate to book at this Comfort Suites again.
John LaRosa
Roanoke, VA.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John L
Reviewed 6 October 2013

On October 5th, my husband & I travelled to Marion, Virginia, to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday. We were looking forward to spending time with several other family members who also had reservations at Comfort Suites in Abingdon, Virginia. My husband who is diabetic checked his blood sugar level that evening & discovered it was dangerously high. He, of course, had his insulin with him but could not find the needles for his syringe. Since it was a weekend he was unable to contact his physician to get a prescription for the needles. We decided it was in his best interest to cut our visit short & go home where he had more needles. When I contacted Comfort Suites & spoke to Richard Frye, he was very understanding of our situation since he has family members who are also diabetic & agreed to cancel our reservation even though it was after the 4:00 deadline to cancel. We were so thankful to Mr. Frye as we are senior citizens on a fixed budget. Would we stay at Comfort Suites when in the area again? Thanks to Mr. Frye, You bet we will!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Carol E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
Quality Inn & Suites
Courtyard Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
#2 of 13 in Bristol
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!