“Nice to yuck.”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed here overnight to rest at our halfway point back home. We made sure to get a hotel with a pool so we could entertain our boys. They were very excited to go to the pool after driving in the car for 6 hours! MAJOR disappointment! The pool was green and you definitely couldn't see the bottom. I asked the desk clerk (who appeared to be the only one there) and asked about the green pool. I was told that the pool had been drained and scrubbed less than a month ago. I had stuck my foot in the water it was very warm. I also asked about the temp. I was told that the pool was kept at 86 degrees all year round!!! None of that sounded right to me from my knowledge about pools. There were people swimming in the pool and sitting in the hot tub. I had to endure the tirade of my children because I refused to let them get some kind of crazy disease from that water. The room itself, the one I stayed in was very much in need of an update. The decor was very 90's. The pull out sofa only slept one as it was a twin. The two other beds were very soft, the pillows were lumpy. On the plus side, our room was clean. Breakfast ended a little too early for us. The hostess was kind enough to help us scrounge something together so we didn't have to buy breakfast somewhere else. Find a place to eat in this area was not easy after 8pm. So if you are going to get there after 8 make sure to get something to eat first.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 1st floor. I think rooms upstairs maybe more updated.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jordan757
comfortinn_abingdon, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

We were glad to see that you noticed the room was very clean and the staff did try to accommodate you when you came to breakfast after hours. We are sorry that you did not like the hotel and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The room was nice. Two double beds and a couch. Microwave and refrigerator where great to have.
The room was pretty clean except for 2 big dead bugs in shower. (At least they were dead.)
The pool water was green and I couldn't see to the bottom, was told never to swim in pool that you can't see the bottom.
The shower made a high pitched loud noise and I told the manager when I checked out.
All in all ok. The hallways had running kids from baseball team so kinda took away the romance.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travel1215
Kate M, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

We were glad to see that you were happy that we had a refrigerator and a microwave in every room. I was a bit confused on the mention of the double beds, all of the rooms with two beds have queen beds in them. Hoping that you come again so we have the opportunity to truly "wow" you with our service!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We just spent four nights at The Comfort Suites. Our granddaughters loved the large room and the indoor swimming pool. My husband liked the easy access on and off the interstate. I was very pleased that the staff took in consideration that we had children traveling with us when deciding on our room location. They were all very pleasant and kind when dealing with us and our grandchildren. The housekeeping staff even tucked in the girls teddy bear and doll when making up our room. Thank you for making such a good impression and giving them a good example of going beyond their required duties.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank striclinda

We are glad that you came to visit us with your granddaughters! We love our tiny guests as well as our adult guests! Come again soon! Don't forget the teddy bear!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just returned from two nights at this property. I had a kids' group and we were using seven rooms. The hotel staff was very accommodating to our group. Spacious rooms and the sleeper sofa was a big plus. Breakfast was great. Pool had a funky green tint to the water color, but didn't seem to bother the kids at all. Wi-fi went down once but the staff had it back and running in no time. My only wish is that there were more restaurants within easy walking distance, but there was a great pizza place a hundred yards away.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

We LOVED your group of kids that came in! They were awesome! We are so glad that you came to visit us in your travels! We hope you will come back again next year!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

very frienldy staff, nice large rooms, with a very good breakfast. the location is right off the interstate and conveient to other local sites, restaurants, gas, etc. would definitely stay again. it i a lovely town to visit as ell

Room Tip: the first floor is easier for me.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Kate M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

We were thrilled to see that you loved our friendly staff, and cozy town of Abingdon! Come back soon to see us!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

You cannot beat the price, the amenities (pool and whirlpool 'til midnight, free breakfast, very nice, new bedding...), and the convenience to the Barter Theatre, the VA Creeper, and all of the area's offerings. I frequent the Barter Theatre a lot, and when I bring my grandsons, I always stay at this hotel. Prices are very reasonable, and the children can wear themselves out in the pool. My two grandsons and I each had our own bed (one on the pull-out sofa bed), which made for a good night's sleep. Staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: There's a room with a full kitchen, if you're interested in bringing in and preparing your o...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We are so glad that you enjoyed our great rate and our comfortable beds. Please come back soon and stay with us again! We look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about our stay. The rooms were immaculately clean, the towels were hung with fancy folds and even the toilet paper had been carefully folded into points, the staff was warm and welcoming, it was in an easy to get to location, the continental breakfast was wonderful with a variety of options to meet everyone's taste. This hotel gets five stars from our family!

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for your kind review! We are so glad that you were pleased with the hotel and hope that you come back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
4 mi away
The Martha Washington Inn and Spa
Courtyard Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
#2 of 13 in Bristol

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!