“Copper Fall Vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abingdon
Copper Lantern Boutique Inn
Ranked #1 of 16 Abingdon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 October 2013

What an extraordinary surprise! For quite some time now, my wife and I have made a point of taking time in October to getaway, relax, and enjoy the fall colors. To make it even more special, many years ago, we began searching for and staying in bed and breakfast inns. It has become and remains a very important time each year as we look to rejuvenate and reconnect.
I had never stayed, nor even heard of, the Copper Lantern in Abingdon. I can't even tell you why we decided to try it, BUT I'M GLAD WE DID. From the time we got there until the time we reluctantly departed, it was terrific. Kim and Betty are some of the finest host we have ever encountered, bending over backwards to ensure our stay and experience was exceptional. We stayed in the Washington suite. It was large, comfortable, and lovely. Meals were outstanding and the portions more than enough, SERIOUSLY!
If you can make yourself get up from the wonderful front porch, you'll find Abingdon is a beautiful and quaint little town with tons of history and charm. You will not be disappointed.
This is a real find and we highly recommend this B and B to anyone looking for an extraordinary experience. We genuinely plan on going back!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Copper Lantern Boutique Inn

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Our first visit to the Copper Lantern and everything was first class. The ambiance of the inn and rooms are very warm and inviting. Wonderful wine and and hors d'oeuvres awaited us upon arrival. The large breakfast with exceptional quality, freshness, originality, and presentation was a culinary delight. The rooms were spacious and nicely decorated. Great bathroom and exceptionally clean. We arrived as guests but felt like family when we left. Thank you Kim and Betty for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was our second visit to "The Copper Lantern Inn". We planned this as our destination to celebrate 18 years of marriage and it couldn't have been better. Mrs. Betty and Kimberly made sure the weekend was flawless and attended to every detail down to our dinner reservations at "The Tavern" and "Rain" (which provided us with a special menu created just for us). The Washington Suite was amazing and I really enjoyed the copper tub!! The bed was luxurious and the linens, ahhh! In addition to all of this the gourmet evening appetizers and breakfasts are scrumptious enough to be featured on Food Network. Kimberly, I sure hope you will consider "Chopped" if the opportunity arises. If you are looking for a relaxing destination and would like to be pampered and spoiled by folks that feel like family on arrival and become family during your stay, then this is your place. I must not forget that "The Akers" have prepared a packet about the town, and are eager to assist with reservations for the trip a of lifetime. Thanks Kimberly and Mrs. Betty, see you next year!! The Popes

Room Tip: We love "The Washington Suite" but would be happy in any of the rooms at the Inn.
2  Thank Julie P
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My friend and I stayed for 2 nights(10/11-10-12-2013).The food,home,hosts and location were all excellent.Both Glayce and I ,had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before.I don't think we can ever stay at any other B&B,because Copper Lantern has set such high standards.We feel we can never find another place as wonderful.Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the only room on the first floor.So,if you have trouble with stairs, I'd recommend...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lillian c
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My wife suprised me by booking a trip to the Copper Lantern Inn in Abingdon, and it was simply a wonderful experience. Kim and Betty (the owners) are simply the best. They graciously welcomed us and our fellow guests with wine and hors d'oeuvres on thier beautiful front porch. They made sure we ate at the best resturants, scheduled the best biking trip, and had the best seats at the Barter Theater. Our room was great, and the bed was the softest most comfortable bed ever (seriously!). Also, Kim is a fabulous cook, and her inspired breakfasts are worth the trip alone! Our experience was 5 stars all the way around. Great hospitlaity, great accomodations, great company, great food, great hosts.... great stay!

1  Thank tigerhood05
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This was our first time to Abingdon, VA and first time at a B&B. The Copper Lantern Inn exceeded all expectations...from the most delicious breakfasts to the charming home to the world's best hosts. Kimberly and Betty are spectacular...they set up our reservations and made excellent recommendations for activities/restaurants. But beyond that...they made us feel like family and like we were right at home! They have set the bar high for B&Bs. What a wonderful place to stay and we cannot wait to recommend to all of our friends/family and make a return trip very soon!

Reviewed 10 September 2013

After reading so many phenomenal reviews I expected this place to be pretty amazing, but I was still staggered by how truly wonderful it was. It is beautiful, comfortable, so very charming, and the hospitality is like nothing I've ever experienced. Kim was such a gracious and loving host. Whatever we could possibly need, she seemed to be able to anticipate. Just make sure you get here on an empty stomach because there is an endless stream of delicious food and snacks. My husband and I were nervous about splurging so much on a bed and breakfast, but we left feeling like it was a steal.

Room Tip: Don't underestimate the Godmother Lula May Suite!! All the reviews I had read said we "HAD...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple