“My favorite place to stay in Abington”
Review of A Tailor's Lodging

A Tailor's Lodging
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abingdon
A Tailor's Lodging
Ranked #3 of 16 Abingdon B&B and Inns
Smyrna, Tennessee
“My favorite place to stay in Abington”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Excellent place to stay in Abington and reasonable prices. I stay here on business trips about every 2 months. The owners are wonderful and make you feel like family. Very Clean!!
This is my 3rd trip here and is always a great experience and is with in walking distance to Barter Theater , VA Creeper Trail and the BEST restaurants in Abingdon.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank robert r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a beautifully restored, renovated and hand-crafted home with 3 lovely rooms bedrooms and the use of the house, porches, kitchen, etc. It's walking distance to the Barter Theater, wonderful restaurants (128 Pecan, Rain, and more), the bike shuttle, Creeper Trail, craft shops and lovely boutiques. Rick was very gracious, thoughtful, helpful and accommodating to our needs. The beds were comfortable and the rooms spacious and well appointed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank aikarp
Adelaide, South Australia
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Friends I stayed with in Nashville suggested I visit Abingdon on my drive towards Washington DC. I had never heard of the town but they told me it would be worth the visit and that they had previously stayed in a wonderful B&B in the town. I decided to take their advice and they booked on my behalf. I AM SO GLAD THEY DID!!
The cottage I was in was beautifully fitted out and very comfortable. The B&B is within walking distance of the main town including the theatre, restaurants and local points of historical interest.
As I was in need of some US currency the owner even gave me a guided tour of the town while driving me to a cash machine. Very friendly and accommodating.
Unfortunately I couldn't afford to spend more than one night in the town but should I ever have the opportunity to return I will want to stay here again..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank GMA1950
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We have been to many BnB's, but this is the only one that we've been back to on multiple occasions. The owners are just terrific folks and are always fun to visit with! The BnB is located close to the Creeper Trail, local shops, restaurants, and even an up and coming microbrew! We HIGHLY recommend stopping and sitting on the covered porch and enjoying time with the owners and other guests. Our favorite spot in the world is right here!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in September 2012, part way through a two week road trip. We had booked in advance but arrived a day earlier than planned but the owners very kindly made arrangements to accommodate us, including having the cottage cleaned at short notice. The cottage was very comfortable and private and we enjoyed it so much that we wanted to stay an extra night. Again the proprietor was very kind and accommodating and arranged this for us. We enjoyed meeting the other guests and sharing a drink on the porch. We did the Virginia Creeper trail which was great and had some great meals in local restaurants. It has taken us some time to write this review for which we apologise. We were reminiscing again this weekend about our wonderful stay here which finally prompted us to get on line! Thank you Rick and Susan for your wonderful hospitality. From Zita and Paul.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dugspur, Virginia
Reviewed 2 July 2013

A Tailors Lodging is conveniently located in Historic Abingdon. A short walk to the restaurants and theater on Main St. Easy access to the Creeper Trail. We were able to park the car and do a walking tour of the historic district and enjoy dinner. Next morning enjoyed a walk on the Creeper Trail.
The home is a beautifully restored with lots of detail and fine antiques. Nicely equipped, excellent accommodations. Stayed in room 2 and enjoyed the patio. Very private, clean and well landscaped.
The owner is a local preservationist. We enjoyed chatting with him about the activity in Abingdon.
Would highly recommend to anyone wanting to enjoy a fine night's lodging and the best location off Main St.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BlueridgeCharlie
nashville
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We returned with family and had a wonderful stay. I can't imagine better accommodations - friendly owners, clean, well equipped, perfect location, private and comfortable. Hope to return with other family/friends.

Room Tip: We rented the house and cabin. I would stay in any of the rooms but the cottage is the most private.